Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ewww....Arby's

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:52 PM
  • 12 Replies

Dh and I went to Arby's for dinner tonight. We had a free combo of choice coupon because we had a bad experience there last time. We waited for about 15 min. for our meal because they forgot about us. 

So, when we got there this time there was no one at the front counter. We could hear them in the back. It sounded like they were having a party or something (they were very loud)

We also saw something very disturbing. We could see a male employee putting his belt back on his pants. Why did he even have his belt OFF?????  It made me very suspicious and kind of grossed out. I told my dh that I didn't want to eat there anymore.

We had been waiting for about about 5 minutes and finally another customer decided to call out and say "you've got customers!" I wanted to leave before they noticed us or before someone told them we were there, but my husband wanted to walk out on them when they were aware we were there. 

So this probably 16 - 18 year old girl comes up and says sorry about the wait. My husband asks "Is that man who had his belt off going to be serving our food?" She says "No" and dh says "Are you sure? Because he's back there and I don't want him touching our food" I just said "let's just go" and so we left. 

Is this disturbing to you at all?? Especially the belt thing? 
It's one thing for them to be partying in the back and ignoring their customers and store, but seeing that was so weird and gross. I already emailed Arby's and am hoping they look into this location.  

by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmypaige
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Well I hate Arby's, and poor customer service so I wouldn't have went there especially after having a bad experience previously.
nelliesmommy
by prettyandpierced on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:54 PM

That is strange. I would have left too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:55 PM

you should call headquarters and report it

newmom121812
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:56 PM
I use to change my work cloths when i got there and puy my belt on by my locker sometimes. So idk id have to see it in order to say i was distrubed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I've never had a bad experience at Arby's, other than one time someone accidently put arby's sauce instead of ranch on my turkey sandwich...which in itself wasn't that bad.:)

I would definitly call corporate and report it though, that does seem very very odd.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:59 PM
kailu1835
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:59 PM
I think you're assuming a lot. Maybe he had just gotten to work. I used to change clothes at work all the time.
littlemoments99
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I haven't been there since the last bad experience which was months ago, but, I really wanted their fries. Craving. 

I usually go to this other location which is super fast and I've never had a problem with, but our coupon was for this particular location. 

Quoting emmypaige:

Well I hate Arby's, and poor customer service so I wouldn't have went there especially after having a bad experience previously.

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I've never had a bad experience at my arbys. That's weird. Now McDonald's and Wendy's, they suck.
littlemoments99
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Maybe, but he was standing in the middle of the kitchen. By the fryers. I don't know why you would change there. 

Quoting kailu1835:

I think you're assuming a lot. Maybe he had just gotten to work. I used to change clothes at work all the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)