Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

anyone make real baked cheesecake?

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:52 PM
  • 47 Replies
It's cooling now. I'm being so impatient do i HAVE to chill it for three hours? What happens if i don't?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:54 PM

my mother does, she used to own a bakery..it must be chilled completely

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:55 PM

YES!!!! If you don't allow it to settle, it is going to ooze everywhere. Trust me.. I'm a former Pastry Chef and cheesecakes are my specialty. I actually freeze mine overnight and then bring to room temp. It makes it firmer and creamier to do so. Bummer, yes...but it makes it a better cheesecake in the end. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Chill it. Preferably over night. It won't taste good unless you do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:56 PM
It needs to rest.
momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I tried once and failed. I have no idea what I did wrong as I have never made one before and don't know anyone in person to ask. It was a pumpkin cheesecake. It smelled good and tasted good, but I kind of overcooked it.

pregnant

Sweetie1216
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, no... I buy these from Wal-Mart.. So good and mini size so I don't over eat :) 

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Quoting mcginnisc:

YES!!!! If you don't allow it to settle, it is going to ooze everywhere. Trust me.. I'm a former Pastry Chef and cheesecakes are my specialty. I actually freeze mine overnight and then bring to room temp. It makes it firmer and creamier to do so. Bummer, yes...but it makes it a better cheesecake in the end. 

Dumb question: When itis  done baking for the allotted time, is it supposed to look kind of liquidy in the center still (before you pull it out to chill it)?

Can I use my convection oven to bake it?

Can you possibly pm me a simple cheesecake recipe because I really want to learn.

pregnant

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL, I always say, "If you like it, I made it. If you don't like, Walmart made it."

Quoting Sweetie1216:

Oh, no... I buy these from Wal-Mart.. So good and mini size so I don't over eat :) 

pregnant

KymberleeAnn
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:00 PM

It taste better when you like it chill for the proper time it set nicely I love homemade cheese cake with pineapple topping what kind of cheese cake did you make?

kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Dammit. I read the recipe and it said Prep time and cook time totaled about 2 hours so i started late. Didn't see until I was making it the chill time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)