Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So creeped out right now... *ETA*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 96 Replies

It has been a very long and very scary evening or should I say morning.

So, it was a dark and stormy night.... Well, the sun was almost completely down and it was drizziling, but dark and stormy fit better.

I was babysiting a 3 year old tonight at her house. At seven, I put her in front of the tv to watch The Simpsons(Parents say this is routine, not my child, so whatever.) while I made dinner for us in the kitchen. I hear her giggling and a bouncing sound, so I go check.

She is facing the hallway and rolling a ball into it and it bounces back to her. Ok, a bit creepy, but I logic it away. Her parents have a no ball playing in the house rule, so I take the ball and put it in her room.

I go back to the kitchen. A couple of minutes later I hear the bouncing ball and giggling again. Ok, kid, didn't I just say no ball?

So I take the ball, bring it down the hall, open the baby gate, go up the stairs, into the parents room, and place it on a shelf in their closet. I then shut the closet door, close the bedroom door and set up the baby gate and go back to the kitchen. Try getting that ball now, kid. 

Wouldn't you know that not even 5 seconds after I get into the kitchen that I hear that damn ball bouncing again! But now I'm scared. There is no possible way that this 3yo girl can even get to this ball. So, I scooped up the kid and brought her to the kitchen with me.

As soon as we are in the kitchen, there is an explosion in the living room. The tv that she was just sitting in front of exploded.

I call 911 and call the parents. No, I did not tell the cops or firefighters about the bouncing ball, but I did tell the parents. Their reaction? So you met grandma? What?!

Needless to say, I will only babysit her from my own home from now on. I'm just happy that the kid is fine, she's sleeping with my dd right now. No real damage to the house either, may have to replace a few items of furniture though.

So, got any ghost stories for me?

ETA: It's been wondered why I called 911 and that tvs don't actually explode. It is true that tvs do not explode, they implode. There was and explosion sound, the screen was cracked and flames were coming out of the tv. The flames are why I called 911. I didn't want to risk their house buring down or mine and my charge's safety while I try and put out the flames myself. Better to call professionals that are only about a block and a half away.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:48 AM
Creepy!
MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:48 AM
4 moms liked this
Holy fuck. The parents could have given you a little warning lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punchyobuns
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:50 AM
Ummmmm.....
laineysmum
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:51 AM
2 moms liked this
Meh 5/10
Keara20
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:51 AM
Grandma might follow, be careful lol
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:52 AM
4 moms liked this

Ummmmmm...why would grandma want to blow up the tv, she no like Simpsons? WTF bitch ass ghost.

JulietAngel89
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:56 AM

... grandma must be a technophobe 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:56 AM
Right......
frzmamaof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:57 AM
I would've been out of there asap!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN