Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We bring in 6,000 to 8,000 a month and are broke by the end of the month.edit.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies

We are a family of 7 and spend about 4,000 in bills. But still feel like what the hell we don't go CLOTHS shopping or stuff like that. Just getting frustrating.  

Okay so I don't look like a total tool. I am trying.We stopping using our cards. Only cash I cut my food budget down from 1,500 to 1,000 . I homeschool so all meals and snacks are for 7 pple. I also am cooking a lot from scratch now. It just seems like it's always something. We have 5 kids bdays I usually keep it simple 100 per kid. Then normal holidays. We traded are van for a suburban that is paid off and used. So no car payment...With this site you have to give full details or women go nuts on you...

Also so glad to see I am not alone. I feel bad and tell my husband some of these families on here make way less then us and are doing great.. just trying to figure it out and vent.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BrownEyedGirl86
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Have you tried to figure out where all the money goes besides bills?
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:31 PM
2 moms liked this
Write it all down & see where it's going. Doing that can be a real eye opener.
rainmommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:31 PM

im in the same boat jack ass aka dh will  make close to 80,00 this year but he barley support us a family of 5 n 2 other kids of his and we live paycheck to paycheck its embarrassing  to say well my dh makes this a year but i need to visit the food bank :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Same here! Family of 7, bring home 6K and always broke. On paper we have enough money, but in reality, it goes fast!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:32 PM
We're in the exact same boat. It's def frustrating
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:34 PM

We are a family of 7 as well.  It's gets frustrating some months, especially when we have bills that pop up unexpectedly.  I can totally understand.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:35 PM
2 moms liked this
Sit down, figure out your bills, set up auto pay through your bank, tuck away x amount in savings, and pull out cash for groceries, gas, entertainment, etc. Having cash on hand helps control spending, or at least it did for us.
MissGore
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:35 PM

that was how it was with my exdh, turns out he had an online gambling problem. o.O figure out where your money is going.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Wow. We bring in 3k a month if we're lucky. 

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:35 PM

ok

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)