Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We bring in 6,000 to 8,000 a month and are broke by the end of the month.edit.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We are a family of 7 and spend about 4,000 in bills. But still feel like what the hell we don't go CLOTHS shopping or stuff like that. Just getting frustrating.  

Okay so I don't look like a total tool. I am trying.We stopping using our cards. Only cash I cut my food budget down from 1,500 to 1,000 . I homeschool so all meals and snacks are for 7 pple. I also am cooking a lot from scratch now. It just seems like it's always something. We have 5 kids bdays I usually keep it simple 100 per kid. Then normal holidays. We traded are van for a suburban that is paid off and used. So no car payment...With this site you have to give full details or women go nuts on you...

Also so glad to see I am not alone. I feel bad and tell my husband some of these families on here make way less then us and are doing great.. just trying to figure it out and vent.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Replies (51-52):
KGreen75
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Can you do a breakdown of your bills?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yperez0209
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Because the more you make the more you are on your own and your taxes are higher. My husbands gross is in the same area as what you are discribing and we are a family of eight. We too are broke many times, why?? His gross is not his net. We also live in a suburb of NYC and cost of living is crazy. Our health insurance alone is over 1700 a month, we are on cobra. I'll stop there before I make myself sick about our personal finances.  A two bedroom apt can easily go for about 2000.00 a month, and people pay it.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN