Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you can't afford to get each of your children a meal, don't pay for your girlfriend

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 216 Replies
2 moms liked this

My children, DD 11 and DS 8, called me last night from their dad's house, it is his weekend. Their dad took them and his girlfriend out to dinner but when they got there, they were told that they had to split a meal, from the kid's menu, knowing that they always eat the full kids portion so it's not like he did it because they don't usually eat it or something. They said that he said they had to save money. I asked if he and his girlfriend also shared, they said no, they eat got their own. Then I asked if he split up the check or if he paid everything, they said only one bill came to the table. So this man paid for his girlfriend's meal but told his kids they had to share a kids meal to save money! How about not take your girlfriend out or have he pay for her own. 

I asked to speak with him and when he got on the phone, I asked what was going on. He said that he did it because he was short on cash but wanted to take everyone out and that they were fine with sharing, they just wanted to complain. I told him that saving money by cutting the kid's portions in half is not acceptable. He didn't have to take them out but since he did, he should have gotten them a reasonable amount of food and should be making sure his kids are fed before he pays for his girlfriend's food.

Before someone says it, yes, I know my kids will survive I just think it is so wrong to do this to them.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:47 PM

BUMP!

queencreekmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:47 PM
21 moms liked this

Completely wrong. Kids always come first. He should have gone without!

HelloSweetie
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh thats messed up dad. :/

shabbalaquita
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:49 PM

yeah, I'm in agreement with you...

lovemyairman150
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:49 PM
3 moms liked this
Oh HELL no!!! I would be furious too!!!!! He deliberately chose treating his girlfriend over providing for his kids. I'd be livid and would've gone to pick them up!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:49 PM
4 moms liked this

The kids got to go out, that in itself is a treat.  If they were still hungry after, I am sure they could have had something else at home. I don't think that it's worth making a federal case about.

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:49 PM

that is messed up

my two younger children spilt a childs meal but they cant eat the full portion of a childs meal

i would be pissed also

MicheleJM
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:50 PM
2 moms liked this
Why do that? He could have cooked a nice meal for less than the price of one out and had plenty to spare.
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

That sucks.  I would have asked if they wanted to share an adult meal but if they hadn't they should have gotten a meal each.  He could have done this many different ways.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah...that's not okay. If anything they both should have agreed to feed the kids and not themselves. They could have made something at home to eat.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured