Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm Pentecostal, ask me anything.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 126 Replies

I've never done one of these and I'm not sure if anyone actually has any questions. But if you do, I'm open to answer them.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaybayblee3
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:54 PM

How long have you been in the religion?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:55 PM

A friend of mine is always posting pictures of her children in some type of children's church service.  They are always surrounded by other children or adults and they are usually crying.  What is that about?  Why is she taking pictures and posting them on facebook?  I've wanted to ask her for always thought it would be rude.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Like, you don't wear pants or watch tv Pentecostal?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:57 PM

When I was 4 my mom started taking me to church. I loved it. I loved the people. I loved what I was learning. I am 31 and I'm still very active in my church...the same church that my mom started taking me to when I was 4.

Quoting kaybayblee3:

How long have you been in the religion?

mojogirl
by Gunnery Sgt Hartman on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:59 PM

do you dance with snakes?

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I went to a Pentacostal church on accident.  Thank God my baby started crying and I was able to escape.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:01 PM

it sounds like in that scenario the Holy Spirit is ministering to them

Quoting Anonymous:

A friend of mine is always posting pictures of her children in some type of children's church service.  They are always surrounded by other children or adults and they are usually crying.  What is that about?  Why is she taking pictures and posting them on facebook?  I've wanted to ask her for always thought it would be rude.

Allie_kat1
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Your religion scares me. I went with a friend because I was at her house once in hs. I had a sprained wrist at the time and those people were convinced they could heal me. Someone asked if they could pray for me and i said sure. All the sudden I had a bunch of strangers with their hands all over me screaming gibberish. Scared the crap out of me and I ran out of the church and called my dad to come get me. Idk if that kind of stuff is the norm for the religion, but it was a traumatizing experience!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Are your kids allowed to participate in group sports or dance? Since the uniforms of almost every thing I can think of would not fit your dress code, especially for girls.

brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:01 PM
I was raised Pentecostal. My sisters and father still are. I no longer consider myself Pentecostal. I believe in speaking in tongues and such, but I can not wrap my mind around God caring what we look like on the outside.

No questions, but mad respect for you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)