Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm Pentecostal, ask me anything.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I've never done one of these and I'm not sure if anyone actually has any questions. But if you do, I'm open to answer them.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Replies (121-126):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:00 AM

lol me neither and i'm from the south

Quoting Anonymous:

source? Ilive in Texas, my family is from NC, I've traveled to nearly every pentecostal convention in the south and I have never seen this in my life.

Quoting Anonymous:

deep southern ones are.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL. no. but a lot of people ask that question. Pentecostals are not snake handlers

Quoting mojogirl:

do you dance with snakes?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:03 AM
The church I grew up in was "non-denominational" but really we were Pentecostals lol.. Idk why we didn't just call it like it was.

We were not a part of the UPC though, my DH and his sisters grew up that way and lemme tell you... I would never wish to put that type of fear into my child. My SIL has told me stories of being scared to death as a child that she was going to hell because her skirt accidently came up while she was rolling down a hill playing.

Quoting LaughCryLive:

I grew up in a non denominational church.  This was deffinately Pentecostal.  I have a real problem with someone telling me I'm going to Hell because I don't have snot running down my face.

Quoting Anonymous:

non denominational simply means it's a  Christian church  but doesn't adhere to any particular
doctrine of any of the different denominations like baptist, Methodist, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, etc. although generally they are spirit-filled.

Quoting LaughCryLive:

The sign outside the church said it was non denominational but when they started carrying on I got up and left.

Quoting Anonymous:

that's funny

Quoting LaughCryLive:

I went to a Pentacostal church on accident.  Thank God my baby started crying and I was able to escape.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:06 AM

pentecostal women wear dresses is because the word of God talks against wearing that which pertaineth unto a man in deuteronomy 22:5, the word pertain comes from a hebrew word, keliy, which means “article, vessel, implement, or utensil, article of clothing. Which means that women shouldn't wear any item or clothing that even belongs to a man. God created a difference between a man and a woman, even in the beginning. Those differences should be held in clothing and in hair style. Women that dress like men and men that dress like women, it is an abomination unto the lord thy God. We have seen women that look just like men, manly hairstyles, men-looking breeches, you have to look twice to tell whether it's a man or a woman and recently I saw a young man who was carrying a woman's purse. Surely the world is in darkness, and it is very sad when the church is like the world. There should be a CLEAR DISTINCTION between a MALE AND FEMALE. IN OUR CULTURE, men should wear pants and not wear women's jewelry, such as earrings and etc. Women should keep their hair long and not cut like a man and should wear clothing that clearly disguishes them as women. In some cultures, men do wear skirts and some women wear what they call taboos. But if a particular culture is not going by the book, God's Holy Word, than they are in darkness. Even in the Bible, men and women wore robes and skirts, but according to Deuteronomy there was a difference. Even in the Bible you see men that wore breeches or trousers underneath their robes for modesty. Many men in that time, wore robes that were shorter and they wore breeches for modesty and etc. THE WHOLE POINT IS THAT THERE MUST BE A CLEAR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN. 

Quoting Anonymous:

What's up with the long skirts and the hair?

I know you aren't supposed to wear mens clothing but aren't pants tailored for a woman womens clothing?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:12 AM

i can tell u that do the women do have jewlery, it is very modest. i lived for 10  years in the same town with one of the biggest penecostal church

Quoting Anonymous:

women's hair and dress are big ones. as well as no.tv, no.jewelry, etc.

Quoting Anonymous:

depends on what you consider to be the basic principles...

Quoting Anonymous:

apostolic Pentecostal or we wanna pretend to be Pentecostal but we dont follow any of the basic principles of the religion.

cuz if your apostolic Pentecostal theres a group :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:43 AM
its skirts/pants like that in our culture because thats what our culture sees as womens/mens. it isn't universal like that, even in biblical days men had certain robes and women had others. men haven't always worn pants

Quoting Anonymous:

pentecostal women wear dresses is because the word of God talks against wearing that which pertaineth unto a man in deuteronomy 22:5, the word pertain comes from a hebrew word, keliy, which means “article, vessel, implement, or utensil, article of clothing. Which means that women shouldn't wear any item or clothing that even belongs to a man. God created a difference between a man and a woman, even in the beginning. Those differences should be held in clothing and in hair style. Women that dress like men and men that dress like women, it is an abomination unto the lord thy God. We have seen women that look just like men, manly hairstyles, men-looking breeches, you have to look twice to tell whether it's a man or a woman and recently I saw a young man who was carrying a woman's purse. Surely the world is in darkness, and it is very sad when the church is like the world. There should be a CLEAR DISTINCTION between a MALE AND FEMALE. IN OUR CULTURE, men should wear pants and not wear women's jewelry, such as earrings and etc. Women should keep their hair long and not cut like a man and should wear clothing that clearly disguishes them as women. In some cultures, men do wear skirts and some women wear what they call taboos. But if a particular culture is not going by the book, God's Holy Word, than they are in darkness. Even in the Bible, men and women wore robes and skirts, but according to Deuteronomy there was a difference. Even in the Bible you see men that wore breeches or trousers underneath their robes for modesty. Many men in that time, wore robes that were shorter and they wore breeches for modesty and etc. THE WHOLE POINT IS THAT THERE MUST BE A CLEAR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN. 

Quoting Anonymous:

What's up with the long skirts and the hair?

I know you aren't supposed to wear mens clothing but aren't pants tailored for a woman womens clothing?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:45 AM
the only jewelry I have seen allowed is wedding rings. and even then you shouldnt need a ring to tell someone you're married, it should be seen in your actions

Quoting Anonymous:

i can tell u that do the women do have jewlery, it is very modest. i lived for 10  years in the same town with one of the biggest penecostal church

Quoting Anonymous:

women's hair and dress are big ones. as well as no.tv, no.jewelry, etc.

Quoting Anonymous:

depends on what you consider to be the basic principles...

Quoting Anonymous:

apostolic Pentecostal or we wanna pretend to be Pentecostal but we dont follow any of the basic principles of the religion.

cuz if your apostolic Pentecostal theres a group :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)