Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yes I know its early but...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Let's talk Christmas shopping. What are you getting for your kids or for those who have already started shopping.

I have two boys 9 and 8 and a daughter 5.
Boys I am getting or got so far. PS vitas with a couple of games each. Rip sticks, the ps3 and going to get the skylanders swap force (comes out in Oct), some books and clothes. I wasn't sure what else ideas?

My DD5, a monster high doll house, 4 monster high dolls, a ematic fun tab, clothes and books, a new stroller and a baby doll. Ballerina leotard and tutu with the shoes. Lalaloopsy toys. Not sure what else.

Btw with the boys it's 2 of everything I get them besides the ps3 and skylander game it is just one. Then a bunch of the skylander figures I plan to get too.

DH- The newest assassins creed game. I want to get him the ps4 that is coming out before Christmas. Some clothes and some Colognes. Not sure what else.

What are your lists looking like or have any ideas?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Replies (81-87):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:55 PM

After 8 year's together the novelty of buying large expensive gifts kinda wore off, we decided last year it's More about the kids/Family, and we're just happy spending time together. 
My stocking last year had Girly things like Lip gloss, etc. 
Last year his was all edible, This year the plan is things like Dice sets, Magic cards, maybe a game, paint brushes, etc. 

Quoting Anonymous:

That is a cute idea how did u go about doing just stockings? DH and I done have stockings. What kind of things do you get in them besides candy? Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

DS3 - Already bought imaginext orge, Jake and the neverland pirate boat, 6 Lego figures, 4/5 books, Potato head pieces. Plan on getting him some Lego sets, Imaginext sets, books, probably some new clothes, and Stocking stuffers(New tooth brush, New cup, Maybe one or two pieces/candies.)
DD newborn- a little harder...she'll only be 3 months old so probably all of her 6month and up toys...Fancy/pretty bottle, Feeding set or something, Teething toys, etc. =[ still trying to figure that one out.
DH - a stocking full of candy/goodies and probably some nerd stuff(we only do stockings).  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Christmas present this year is a week or so trip to Disney World and there both getting there rooms completely redone and clothes and shoes and they're both 4
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:57 PM
I won't know for sure what I am buying until the Black Friday ads come out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:42 PM
I won't know for sure what I am buying until the Black Friday ads come out.
Kellileanne
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I haven't yet but I've started my lists and talked to dh about buying things here and there so it isn't so overwhelming doing it all at once.

We only buy for the kids so I will have 4 nephews to buy for and my two girls.  I do something small for each of my parents too so I need to figure that out too.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:46 PM

my son wants some more NASCAR stuff. He wants a big Danica Patrick car. They are kind of expensive though.  He really wants this one but it's 90 dollars on the NASCAR site. Maybe i can find it elsewhere heh quicklook image

My daughter wants Monster Jam trucks. She keeps changing her mind which ones hehe. She always wants the large Princess Twilight Sparkle (from My little pony).

"The Ocean tells a thousand stories, none of them are lies" -Switchfoot

LadyAmaranth
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Im getting my boys(ages 9, 7, & 5) some budget friendly tablets so they can play some educational games and do some reading. 

Not sure about anything else but it will be small, simple stuff. One or two items each of the smaller stuff(depending on finances). 

Since this will be the first Christmas since my husband's passing I suspect they'll be blessed with lots of love from my family and friends too. Can't do better than love at that time of year!

~Hillarie~
Mama to 3 Joyfully Chaotic Sons

http://kissmybleepcancer.blogspot.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN