Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you judge for women who don't have biological children for this reason?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My sister always claimed she'd be hesitant to have children because she was afraid something would be wrong with it. She also always said before she'd start TTC she'd get and make her husband get a blood test, well..she did. It turns out they're both carriers are Tay-Sachs..which would mean if they had a child, it would have a 25% chance of having it, and of course, if you've heard of it, you know it's awful. That's when they decided that they would never try to conceive, because my sister says she could never abort, but they both agree they couldn't handle something like that. About a year ago they adopted an adorable, healthy little girl from Thailand. They're wonderful parents, and everyone's crazy about my niece. There are some people that have made judgements, so I'm wondering, what's your opinion?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Replies (161-161):
JustBreath2013
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 5:36 PM

So you're Jewish? I mean the odds are like 60% of couples that are Jewish will carry Tay Sachs..... It is NOT okay. It is not worth having kids, they will not live long and will SUFFER immensely until they die. I do not judge her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN