Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would this upset you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

My DH works weird hours, he will work 3 days in a row, between work and commute, he is gone 15-16 hours per day. But then he is off 4 days in a row after that. Now, I understand that the 3 days he works, he wants to come home, eat dinner and watch TV or play video games and mostly be left alone and I am fine with that (though it gets kind of lonely). He usually spends a good amount of time with me and the kids (we have a 5 year old, a 2 year old and I am pregnant) on his 4 days off.  But over the past couple of months, the amount of time he has been spending with us has drastically decreased. He used to spend at least half of the evenings with me but now, he mostly plays his game. He swears he will make it up to me the next day, he won't even get on at all but of course, he does anyway. We have gotten in several major fights over it and nothing has changed, even though, most of the times, he promises he will change.

I am at my witts end. I hate the way things are, I feel like we are just room mates who occastionally have sex, I am so upset about it but at the same time, as much as I have tried, I can't do anything to change things. I have tried giving him his space and just let him do what he wants and waiting for him to come to me, I have tried talking to him about not spending time with me and the kids and I know I have gotten to the point that I am a bit naggy.

Anyway, I have decided, I will still take care of the kids, do all the laundry and the cooking but not the extra stuff for him. He can get up early and get his stuff together for work, make his own coffee and lunch  and when he gets home from work, he can heat up whatever it was that me and the kids had for dinner (I usually do that for him while he is in the shower).

Would all of this upset you if you were in my place?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:06 PM

BUMP!

brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:09 PM
3 moms liked this
I'd be throwing whatever game his way playing in the fucking trash.
Canvas_says
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:09 PM

With an archaic schedule like that he could be messing up his system which could lead itself to depression. You may try getting him to speak to a doctor and at least have some testing done before you completely give up. 

Snakecharm
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Games can be addicting. I think he needs to make a promise NO GAMES at LEAST two of his days off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:11 PM

He will just get another one

Quoting brandydesiree:

seksen
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:11 PM
This

Quoting brandydesiree:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:11 PM

He won't go

Quoting Canvas_says:

With an archaic schedule like that he could be messing up his system which could lead itself to depression. You may try getting him to speak to a doctor and at least have some testing done before you completely give up. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:13 PM

He makes promises like that all the time "I won't play at all tomorrow"  but I turn around and he is playing

Quoting Snakecharm:

Games can be addicting. I think he needs to make a promise NO GAMES at LEAST two of his days off.

Bertha21
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Yes, I would. My husband tried that when our son was born, but that didn't last. Have you told him he has to change?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Canvas_says
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Tell him that one of the first things to suffer is his level of testosterone, and if that is falling so will his hair, his sex drive, his physical health and so on. My husband was skiddish about going to the doctor too until he discovered he had the testosterone level of a man in his 60s. He feels much better now. 

Quoting Anonymous:

He won't go

Quoting Canvas_says:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured