Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to GENTLY guide my friend to NOT get an Abortion. FINAL UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 346 Replies
1 mom liked this

My friend is mid 20's and been dating a guy for 6 month and just a few weeks pregnant, he already has a kid and she didnt wants kids until 30ish. She's torn and so sad, she doesnt want a baby right now. I get that but I cant encourage her decision I so badly want her to think harder about it! ILL SUPPORT HER NO MATTER WHAT.

But Ill be so sad if she aborts :( I Love her as my bestfriend and dont want her to regret this!

ETA: Didnt read any new replies yet. But I talked to my friend last night and she told me she wants to keep the baby but her bf doesnt want her to and thats why she feels like she has to do this. I just told her she REAALLLY needs to tell him that she wants the baby and if they both decide after an honest conversation that an abortion is what they Both want then I'll support her in her decision. I dont think my friend should suffer because he already has one baby mama. If she wants her baby she should keep it imo

ETA2- We hung out again yesterday with another friend of ours and and she told us she was already thinking of names but still undecided, I think she's set on keeping it but wanted to talk to her bf again and if he's still stuck on not wanting it she wont keep it :/ she doesnt want to risk ending up a single mother but I know that when she has her baby her baby will mean soooo much more to her then her bf. But I know being a single parent is hard too..if she aborts she will do it within the week :(

ETA3- The type of abortion my friend would get is a pill, she would take a pill or a series of pills (still not sure really) and then she would bleed out her pregnancy pretty much at home. It's 100% noninvasive to the mother. I guess this is what she's going to do even though she still wants it, she doesn't want her baby to be unwanted by the father so she's not keeping it. She'll come to my house sometimes this week to take the pill(s) so she'll have better support then doing it at home by herself. I'm still kind of hoping she'll chicken out but if not we (our really good third friend and myself) will just try to make her feel comfortable about her decision as possible. Hopefully I'll have a final update of when her baby shower will be instead of her not being pregnant anymore =/ we'll see

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/abortion/abortion-pill-medication-abortion-4354.asp

FINAL UPDATE

My friend isnt pregnant anymore and I dont know why Im so sad when it wasnt even my baby. This has really changed how I see her bf, she told him she wanted to keep it and he pretty much said tough luck and he paid for it. I do view my friend a little differently, Im sure after the thought of her Not being pregnant anymore sinks in things will go back to normal. Ugh so There it is

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mojogirl
by Gunnery Sgt Hartman on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:10 PM
42 moms liked this

she needs to be allowed to make her own choice for what's best for herself, without outside influence

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think you can convince her if she wants to do it. I hope she doesn't though.
RoseWay
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:11 PM
14 moms liked this
Let her do some research about the procedure, it's scary. I've never had an abortion but I have considered it once. Many people that I know regret getting one and I am glad I didn't. I'm in my twenties, in university and I still live at home until I get my degree and get myself a job. My baby will be born in Dec. This pregnancy wasn't planned and my siituation isn't ideal but I have to make the best of it. I love my precious one already. I do see her point of having a happy and stable home first but it doesn't always happen the way you planned but she should still try to do whats best for the life that God put inside of her

Anyhow, let her read some stories on the internet about some of the experiences and emotions of women who've done it. She shouldn't take this lightly and should do some serious thinking and research.
After that she can make the decision. I just think too many women see abortion as a form of birth control without knowing what it REALLY is.

She can chose to do whatever she wants. It's her body and her life. Just make sure she understands the seriousness of the matter.

Goodluck.
quinnsmom715
by Donna on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:11 PM
19 moms liked this

your job as her best friend is to be a shoulder to cry on,not someone pushing her to do what you want..

jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:12 PM
6 moms liked this

It is her choice and if you truly love her as a friend you will trust her to make the decision that is right for her life and situation.

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:12 PM

You can't, it's her call. 

MrsSexyCurtains
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this
You can't, it's her life her choice. I'd be mad if a friend kept trying to tell me what they think is best for me. I understand you're concerned but just be there for support.
Karopie_99
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:13 PM
The most you can do is support her. Its her life, her choice
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:13 PM
5 moms liked this
It's a personal decision.

You're not there to convince, you're there to listen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:13 PM
18 moms liked this
Your baby has fingernails!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured