Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does your daughter have an American Girl doll?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 115 Replies
If she does, does she take care of it? Is it worth the money, and do you buy the accessories? I was just looking at the catalog, and a spa chair costs the same amount as the doll itself. My daughter will be 5 in November, and I was thinking about getting her one for her birthday.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
petie1104
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Yes, yes, and only when she earns them. As a matter if fact, she worked her booty off to earn the doll. But she takes care of it.
the_dude
by abides on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

yes, she has the one the dude had as a young girl, she and the doll have the same name. the dude loved that doll and took awesome care of it, now Samantha, has a Samantha doll of her own. 

JBiiirdD
by No Day but Today on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:35 PM
I had one of the originals & I wanted to pass it down to my daughter, but my ex is an a-hole, so she'll get one of her own. :-)
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Yes she does.

She takes amazing care of it

She has accessories from the store and from target as well as etsy
MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:36 PM
yes. She loves it and plays with it all the time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Awww that's awesome. My sister gave my dd one of her original ag dolls!

Quoting the_dude:

yes, she has the one the dude had as a young girl, she and the doll have the same name. the dude loved that doll and took awesome care of it, now Samantha, has a Samantha doll of her own. 

ravenstears
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:36 PM

My DD, who is 5, has my second generation hand me down Addy America girl doll. She loves her and takes great care of her. So well that we are sending the doll to their doll hospital to get a new head (just to give it fresh hair, the girl who had it before me was rough on the hair) and we are getting a few accessories for Christmas.

NiamhWitch
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Neither of my daughters have AG dolls... but I have six of them. :-D lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Well, my daughter doesn't have her own American Girl dolls yet. She's one and a half. But I have four of the dolls and two of the Bitty Baby dolls and some accessories that I will give to her when she's older. I loved mine and took pretty good care of them. I will give my daughter my dolls first to see if she likes them, and if she does I will get her some of her own.

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Yes, she has several.  Grandma bought them all for her.  I don't remember her ever playing with them (she's 20 now.)  She just didn't care, but Grandma wanted her to have them sooo bad.  If you have the kind of girl who loves playing with dolls and loves history-and the stories that go with the dolls, it's worth it (dd's cousins both got the same dolls and they loved them.)  But, if your dd is active and would rather play sports or something, don't bother-it's a huge waste of money.  And now, I'm stuck with the things, because dd went away to college and probably won't be moving back home, and I don't want to get rid of them because they were so expensive (even 15 yrs ago.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)