Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The good ol excuse

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:24 PM
  • 49 Replies
I hear it on here all the time, birth control doesn't work for me or it always fails. Doesn't everyone know condoms can be highly effective in preventing pregnancies if used corrected. I mean I have stuck my foot in one and that biotch didn't break. So do you think these women use BC failure as a excuse?
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Condoms make me swell, itch and burn. Even non-latex ones.
The pain isn't worth it.
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I have had condoms break before.  Birth control has never failed me.  I have failed at using it correctly lol but I have never used bc correctly and still gotten pregnant.  

I Bleed Black and Gold

kmjmlj
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Wasn't birth control just invented? Some people didn't get the memo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
km1970
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I think some do. I believe some are true failures of the birthcontrol, but I don't believe it is as high as it seems to be on here.

VannaMae307
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I used birth control for 7 years, wanted to get pregnant and stopped using it, had a baby and am back on it, and 4 years later have not been pregnant again. I guess some of us just got the "birth control works" gene more than others?

and why did you put a condom on your foot, or is that something I shouldn't ask?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:30 PM
I believe it happens. Since we're on the Internet, women are disproportionately saying that their BC failed. Why? Everyone that's on BC isn't a member of CM. So, it's very likely that the people that said their BC failed are telling the truth. CM is minute compared to all of those that are on BC.

I explained it as best as I can from my perspective.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:30 PM
2 moms liked this
I think...nothing?

Sometimes I feel like I'm a rare breed. I give no fucks about what people do unless it directly affects my family and myself. You want to skip birth control all together? You say fuck condoms? You want to abort? You want to dance around the street, naked, while it's raining and sing Disney tunes! You fucking go for it, boo!
isaiahbellamom
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Lol we were trying to prove the ol I'm too big for a condom myth is bullcrap.

Quoting VannaMae307:

I used birth control for 7 years, wanted to get pregnant and stopped using it, had a baby and am back on it, and 4 years later have not been pregnant again. I guess some of us just got the "birth control works" gene more than others?

and why did you put a condom on your foot, or is that something I shouldn't ask?

RandRMomma
by Maya on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:31 PM
I believe them.

I'm not on BC though. It has the opposite effect on me.
mcclainprincess
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:32 PM
I've.always wondered how so many women wind up with oops babies....

The only time I've ever gotten pregnant was when i was trying to get pregnant. I'm almost 30 now. Birth control and condoms work great!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN