Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WWYD? This Really Ticks Me Off

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I worked for Kroger in 2004. I quit after 5 months.

I still know some of the baggers that worked with me. A lot of them are special needs. They still remember me even though it's been 9 years.

I go past Kroger to get to work, and often stop inside to grab lunch before I go to work.

On about 3 or 4 different occasions, I've had 3 or 4 different special needs baggers all telling me the same thing.

They all tell me that the new head of baggers (he would be a manager) calls them really horrible names. They said he calls them retards, stupid, dumbfucks, every horrible name there is.

I have asked why they don't contact the Union and they all said that they have and the Union didn't do anything about it.

Even though they are all special needs who told me this, I don't think they are making it up/exaggerating. All of them function well enough to live/drive on their own, but they are just a little bit slower than an average person.

This really ticks me off. My 4 year old son is special needs and I know if someone called him those names I would knock them into next week.

I've never seen the head of baggers/heard him say those things, but I believe the people who told me since it was a few different people all saying the same thing.

I want to contact corporate and say something...but I don't want the baggers to face even more repercussions. One of them told me someone slit the guy's tires which made me LOL, but still, he has no right to call those people those names.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Do any of them have a hab tech?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I wonder if the special needs employees are being placed there through an agency or a program. Try to find out and then report it to the person who is heading up the program.  Or call the store's corporate office. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:01 PM

What is that?

Besides early intervention, I don't think there is anything like that here. There used to be, but they cut that program. I know in school special needs kids can have aids, but I don't think/know if there are any for adults.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Hartbrayka
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:01 PM

maybe you can say you were a customer and heard the manager say something to them?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:02 PM

IDK. I know the ones I talked to, they were all there when I started. The one guy is older and he's been there for like 20 years.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wonder if the special needs employees are being placed there through an agency or a program. Try to find out and then report it to the person who is heading up the program.  Or call the store's corporate office. 

Bellum
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I would say something to someone.  My son is special needs, and I would wany someone to advocate for him.  This is bullying!  And creating a hostile workplace.  

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:03 PM
They do, depending on the program and the need. My mother was a hab tech for years. If they haven't one, I would report to whomever I could - the higher up, the better.

Quoting Anonymous:

What is that?

Besides early intervention, I don't think there is anything like that here. There used to be, but they cut that program. I know in school special needs kids can have aids, but I don't think/know if there are any for adults.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:04 PM

IDK if that would work though, because I doubt he tells them that in front of customers. When I was there if they needed to talk to you they brought you into the office. Plus, I don't know the guy's schedule, so if I said I heard it on a day he wasn't working then they would know I was lying.

Quoting Hartbrayka:

maybe you can say you were a customer and heard the manager say something to them?

zraunt
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Do something besides post here. Call corporate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:24 PM
I'd call corporate that is a hostile work environment and illegal. (And so mean!)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)