Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't even look at this dog

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dh was cleaning out our pool today and our husky got out. She's typically a good dog and always comes back. I didn't even know she was our until dh came home and said she killed the lady down the streets cat. I felt like shit taking to that lady. She was sooo nice she said the cat was old and probably just couldn't run quick enough. She has two dogs and said shed give us a video to help us train her. She is a good do she sits and lays on command in the home or in our yard. If she's out of our yard she won't listen to anyone. So I'm not sure what to do other then watch the video a bunch of times and work on this with dh. I'm seriously upset. I told the lady I'd pay for the cat. She kept saying no its ok the cat was old probably needed to be put down next yr and she said please don't get rid of ur dog just make sure she doesnt get out anymore. I told her I'd watch the video and work with the dog some more but Im also thinking about getting an invisible fence box. Do u think they are made with noise that would scared her or would that work on a husky? Do you think a shock collar would be bad? Be honest what would u do? Putting my dog down isn't an option I really think that it would go against what the lady who owns the cat wants.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Replies (21-30):
tharealty2
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

We have a good wooden fence dh left the gate unlocked and the dog pushed it open.

Quoting tharealty2:

I'd put a really good fence up.  Husky's are great escape artists.  

ah, ok.  well you just have to make sure ya'll don't do this again,. maybe get one of those weighted self locking gate doors?

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:15 AM
I have a husky and 3 cats.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:16 AM

We use a shock collar for training and it works miracles. I don't see why an electric (invisible) fence wouldn't work. At least as an extra layer of protection.

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:16 AM

A fence and electric fence.

The electric fence works wonders over here.

dixiegurl223626
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:17 AM

My baby loves our cat! They are like best friends

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Almost any dog is meaner than a pitbul. 

Quoting Anonymous:

No, if you research huskies you will learn it is their nature to hunt small animals as prey. It is true they are to be never trusted off a leash, but that is their nature to run as well. But to be meaner than pitbulls is not true. They are very friendly.

Quoting amberlyp:

This is why I fucking hate huskies. They are often times meaner than pitbulls in my opinion. I do believe most of it is how you train them but I'm sure you didn't train your dog to kill cats. They are just so unpredictable

fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:19 AM

The electric fence backfired on us. My dog would take the shock leaving but not want to get shocked reentering the yard, so he'd sit on the next door neighbors lawn and just stare at our house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:19 AM

They are animals, this stuff happens... Honestly, I think the cat should have been inside (I hate when people have indoor/outdoor cats). It's sad, but your dog is just doing what it's supposed to do --- it's doggy's nature to hunt and kill small animals. I've known people who have had the invisible fence and it didn't work, the same couple purchased a shock collar and that only worked for about a week... I say get a tall wood or metal fence.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:19 AM
She is 2 we have had her for a yr. Shes a good dog really we have an 8ft privacy fence she is a husky shepherd mix. Must of the time when she gets out (3 other times) she comes right back cuz she gets tired and realizes no one wants to chase her. She has never done anything like this and seriously plays good with my little dog. Hes actually meaner to her when they play she will lay next to the kids and love on them. Even one day the baby walked over and spanked her for no real reason and she just walked away. I am shocked she did this. I was hoping the electric fence would work for situations like this with her getting out of the gate. (Or beating dh)

Quoting CrimsonRadiance:

A husky is a natural runner. They are also VERY stubborn and great escape artists. Invisable fences didn't work with any of our three huskies. They would just run right through it. Shock and all. 8 foot privacy wood fence, with cement under the ground (so they can't dig under it) is what I reccomend to all husky owners. 

How old is she, and how long have you had her?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:19 AM

No, it depends on the dog and how it was raised.

Quoting Anonymous:

Almost any dog is meaner than a pitbul. 

Quoting Anonymous:

No, if you research huskies you will learn it is their nature to hunt small animals as prey. It is true they are to be never trusted off a leash, but that is their nature to run as well. But to be meaner than pitbulls is not true. They are very friendly.

Quoting amberlyp:

This is why I fucking hate huskies. They are often times meaner than pitbulls in my opinion. I do believe most of it is how you train them but I'm sure you didn't train your dog to kill cats. They are just so unpredictable

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)