Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't even look at this dog

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dh was cleaning out our pool today and our husky got out. She's typically a good dog and always comes back. I didn't even know she was our until dh came home and said she killed the lady down the streets cat. I felt like shit taking to that lady. She was sooo nice she said the cat was old and probably just couldn't run quick enough. She has two dogs and said shed give us a video to help us train her. She is a good do she sits and lays on command in the home or in our yard. If she's out of our yard she won't listen to anyone. So I'm not sure what to do other then watch the video a bunch of times and work on this with dh. I'm seriously upset. I told the lady I'd pay for the cat. She kept saying no its ok the cat was old probably needed to be put down next yr and she said please don't get rid of ur dog just make sure she doesnt get out anymore. I told her I'd watch the video and work with the dog some more but Im also thinking about getting an invisible fence box. Do u think they are made with noise that would scared her or would that work on a husky? Do you think a shock collar would be bad? Be honest what would u do? Putting my dog down isn't an option I really think that it would go against what the lady who owns the cat wants.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:38 AM

we have a husky/wolf mix. cat was outside one day and the dog killed it. Now he's attacking one of the puppies - the only female. She cannot move an inch without the dog bitting her. He doesn't do it to the two male puppies. Cant wait to get rid of the pups so the girl can be left alone.

dixiegurl223626
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Awe! Your babies are so cute!

Quoting Arwyn724:

I don't know, how scary are they?

Quoting amberlyp:

Awwwwe I wanna see a pic!! Sounds so sweet. I agree, I stated earlier that I think it's mostly how you train the dog. But you're probably right that they made the dog look like it was bad. Or the breed. I think their eyes are also terrifying. Is that all huskies or is that just ones I've seen?

Quoting Arwyn724:

That tv show does not sound like it is trying to show any breed in a good light.  Any dog can be a bad dog if not trained.  Huskies are incredibily smart, and get bored very easily, but they are by nature a very sweet breed.  Ours pull wagons and sleds for exercise, and they love it.  If you establish early on you are the head of the pack, they will be very loyal and obediant.  Mine almost asks me for permission to breathe, he is like my shadow, and the only time I am not in control is if he gets off-leash and can run.  They will run forever. 

Quoting amberlyp:

I didn't know anything about huskies until I saw some show.. I think it's called "it's me or the dog" and they would put cameras up to watch them while the owners were gone and huskies were always the worst. I guess they retaliate a lot which I know lots of breeds do :( but this one family on there had her two kids living with this guy and the dog attacked her and the kids frequently even though the guy said he would never do it. To clarify, I don't actually hate any breed so I shouldn't have said that, but I hate when shit like that happens. It's just sad :(( and huskies are the worst about it as far as I've seen

Quoting tharealty2:

Quoting amberlyp:

This is why I fucking hate huskies. They are often times meaner than pitbulls in my opinion. I do believe most of it is how you train them but I'm sure you didn't train your dog to kill cats. They are just so unpredictable

not being smart but wanting to clarify - are you saying Husky's are mean bc they attack/kill cats or are you talking about their temperament in general.  In my experience they have a very gentle temperament with people.

Arwyn724
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Here's one more for you.  They compete for kisses.

Quoting amberlyp:

Omg OMG omg yours look like big ok teddy bears!!!!! Their eyes are not scary at ALL!!! Now I'm a giant asshole for putting all huskies in the same category

Arwyn 724 

Arwyn724
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Quoting dixiegurl223626:

Awe! Your babies are so cute! 

Arwyn 724 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:43 AM
I think ill keep looking for a fence that we can afford. I looked on craigslist and they are $400. I want a wireless one.
MilkLover0203
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:43 AM

My Husky just graduated obedience training yesterday. Some of these comments are making mine look like an angel. 

Quoting Arwyn724:

My two huskies are the sweetest dogs I've ever owned, but they will hunt a cat, squirrel or bird faster than you can blink an eye.  It is in their nature to hunt small game, and sometimes you can't train that out of them no matter how hard you try.  I never allow my dogs outside of our fenced yard for that reason.  The hidden shock collar fence did not work on our dogs because their ruff is too thick for the collar to make contact with their necks.  We have a 8 foot privacy fence around our house and back yard.

dixiegurl223626
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Are mine scary? :)

Quoting amberlyp:

Omg OMG omg yours look like big ok teddy bears!!!!! Their eyes are not scary at ALL!!! Now I'm a giant asshole for putting all huskies in the same category

Quoting Arwyn724:

I don't know, how scary are they?

Quoting amberlyp:

Awwwwe I wanna see a pic!! Sounds so sweet. I agree, I stated earlier that I think it's mostly how you train the dog. But you're probably right that they made the dog look like it was bad. Or the breed. I think their eyes are also terrifying. Is that all huskies or is that just ones I've seen?

Quoting Arwyn724:

That tv show does not sound like it is trying to show any breed in a good light.  Any dog can be a bad dog if not trained.  Huskies are incredibily smart, and get bored very easily, but they are by nature a very sweet breed.  Ours pull wagons and sleds for exercise, and they love it.  If you establish early on you are the head of the pack, they will be very loyal and obediant.  Mine almost asks me for permission to breathe, he is like my shadow, and the only time I am not in control is if he gets off-leash and can run.  They will run forever. 

Quoting amberlyp:

I didn't know anything about huskies until I saw some show.. I think it's called "it's me or the dog" and they would put cameras up to watch them while the owners were gone and huskies were always the worst. I guess they retaliate a lot which I know lots of breeds do :( but this one family on there had her two kids living with this guy and the dog attacked her and the kids frequently even though the guy said he would never do it. To clarify, I don't actually hate any breed so I shouldn't have said that, but I hate when shit like that happens. It's just sad :(( and huskies are the worst about it as far as I've seen

Quoting tharealty2:

Quoting amberlyp:

This is why I fucking hate huskies. They are often times meaner than pitbulls in my opinion. I do believe most of it is how you train them but I'm sure you didn't train your dog to kill cats. They are just so unpredictable

not being smart but wanting to clarify - are you saying Husky's are mean bc they attack/kill cats or are you talking about their temperament in general.  In my experience they have a very gentle temperament with people.

fairymom82
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:48 AM

See this cute face? Well she is a master at escaping anything . Invisible fences she just makes it beep till no more battery. Tie outs are a joke, she flips on her back and undoes the clasp. Scaled an 8 foot privacy fence, basically anything she can get out of. She learned how to let herself out by opening door knobs. We now use deadbolts. Fridges are an easy snack. But what finally worked was a fog horn. My DH stood on the other side of the fence at her typical escape zone and when she jumped on the fence BOOM! fog horn blast. She froze then tried again. Boom again did this 4 times and now she stays in the fence.
MilkLover0203
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Awe, how cute. My Husky loves my cat. My cat does not love my Husky. 

Quoting dixiegurl223626:

My baby loves our cat! They are like best friends

MilkLover0203
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Derp at graduation yesterday. 

Derp with the Leonberger. 

And Derp and the Dane. 

They're natural hunters, and terrorists if not well exercised. They are incredible dogs though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN