Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't even look at this dog

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dh was cleaning out our pool today and our husky got out. She's typically a good dog and always comes back. I didn't even know she was our until dh came home and said she killed the lady down the streets cat. I felt like shit taking to that lady. She was sooo nice she said the cat was old and probably just couldn't run quick enough. She has two dogs and said shed give us a video to help us train her. She is a good do she sits and lays on command in the home or in our yard. If she's out of our yard she won't listen to anyone. So I'm not sure what to do other then watch the video a bunch of times and work on this with dh. I'm seriously upset. I told the lady I'd pay for the cat. She kept saying no its ok the cat was old probably needed to be put down next yr and she said please don't get rid of ur dog just make sure she doesnt get out anymore. I told her I'd watch the video and work with the dog some more but Im also thinking about getting an invisible fence box. Do u think they are made with noise that would scared her or would that work on a husky? Do you think a shock collar would be bad? Be honest what would u do? Putting my dog down isn't an option I really think that it would go against what the lady who owns the cat wants.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Replies (91-91):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:51 AM
That's what I'm thinking about doing.

Quoting kzuehlk:

Huskies are escape artists. We have 5 of them. We had to resort to burry part of our chainlink fence underground so they couldn't dig under it as well as put in an invisible fence line. Their collars make a little beeping noise when they get too close and if they continue past that point, they get a shock. Huskies have super thick hair, so we had to shave a small part of their neck where the box sits so they could even feel it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)