Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gay Marriage is WRONG!!!

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:03 AM
  • 304 Replies
14 moms liked this

Saw this on FB... Thoughts? I saw a lot of scripture going back and forth the other day...

I grew up in the church & still go every Sunday. I also think that what people do in their bedrooms in NONE of my business. I think that marriage has not been about religion for hundreds if not thousands of years.

And I am VERY excited for my gay cousin's wedding next August! He and his partner have been together for 7 years and can FINALLY get married! It is going to be an over the top and VERY expensive event! Wine and cheese (Cousin's partner is french & all about wine and cheese) EVERYWHERE!! Waaahooo!!!

"Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal; it is the Courage to Continue that Counts." -- Winston Churchill

Mother to 1 Beautiful Girl (DD1) & StepMOM to one handsome boy (SS8)

by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
plumbobtoggle
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:08 AM
8 moms liked this

Congrats to your cousin! And how awesome that he has your support! I agree, marriage should be for everyone.

wonderstruck11
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Love this
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:10 AM
1 mom liked this

This makes me do my happy dance :) Congrats to your cousin! Everyone deserves to be happy!

marihla
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:12 AM
4 moms liked this

I couldn't level with Christianity on this basis alone. And that is the reason I'm agnostic.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:14 AM

I think it's dumb. What people do in their bedrooms is none of my business either, but what people do on the streets is. And it does have the potential to affect other's lives, therefore making it their business.

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:15 AM
I like it.
Kaseyrose21
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:16 AM
4 moms liked this
Explanation please! How does it affect YOUR life?

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it's dumb. What people do in their bedrooms is none of my business either, but what people do on the streets is. And it does have the potential to affect other's lives, therefore making it their business.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:21 AM
2 moms liked this

I didn't say it affected my life right now, or that it would affect my life later, however it does have the potential to affect other's lives. If the school decided that they were going to include, in their curriculum about family life, gay marriage and my child starts coming home with books about "My 2 Dads" or something like that, it then does affect my life. If gay marriage is legalized and a landlord that rents rooms from their home won't rent to them because of their religious beliefs about it, they can be sued for that, in turn, affecting their lives.

Quoting Kaseyrose21:

Quoting Anonymous:

Kaseyrose21
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't say it affected my life right now, or that it would affect my life later, however it does have the potential to affect other's lives. If the school decided that they were going to include, in their curriculum about family life, gay marriage and my child starts coming home with books about "My 2 Dads" or something like that, it then does affect my life. If gay marriage is legalized and a landlord that rents rooms from their home won't rent to them because of their religious beliefs about it, they can be sued for that, in turn, affecting their lives.

Quoting Kaseyrose21:

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you believe that the landlord should be allowed to turn a gay couple down because of their beliefs? And that schools should not teach about gay couples because it may offend some?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:31 AM

I believe if a landlord has a strongly held religious belief then yes they should be able to turn away anyone from living in the home they own...that includes unmarried opposite sex couples, gay couples, etc. I think students should be allowed to opt out of anything in school that they want to teach that goes against their families religious beliefs.

Quoting Kaseyrose21:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Kaseyrose21:

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you believe that the landlord should be allowed to turn a gay couple down because of their beliefs? And that schools should not teach about gay couples because it may offend some?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)