Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Saving Babies at 20Weeks old-would you??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Most of them end up on life support for a while, then are doomed to a life of being profoundly disabled, and unable to care for themselves their entire life.  

Would you want your child saved no matter the price to the child?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Replies (201-204):
Saydar
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:54 PM

One of my best friends was born at 21 weeks. She wasn't profoundly disabled or unable to care for herself. She's a college graduate, married, and living a good life.

km1970
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM

It will be 11 years on October 1st.

Quoting jb0520:

I'm so sorry for your loss too!!!!♥ thank you for your sweet reply, its rare to find someone who understands what you've gone through! I felt the exact same as you! How long ago did you lose your son?

Quoting km1970:Momma, I am sorry for your loss. We had to make the choice for our full term son as well.  His prognosis was no quality of life. Even if he had lived past 2 months, he would never walk, talk, see, or hear. He would require a vent and feeding tube. We did not take our decision lightly. All I know in that moment, it wasn't a matter of saving his life. It was what was best for our son. Letting him go broke my heart, but he needed to be in peace.Quoting jb0520:I've been through it. It's a horrible horrible horrible choice to have to make. I chose for my baby to not suffer, she was in horrible pain.

I want to add she was full term but born very sick. So pretty much the same question your asking

Tal0n
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:57 PM

It would depend on the specifics.

KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Not if it means the child having no quality of life. What would happen to him/her after I died? I wouldn't want my other children to live with that burden.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)