Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Saving Babies at 20Weeks old-would you??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Most of them end up on life support for a while, then are doomed to a life of being profoundly disabled, and unable to care for themselves their entire life.  

Would you want your child saved no matter the price to the child?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Replies (41-50):
turtlesquish23
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:51 AM
I know 4 micropreemies all born 20 to 21 weeks and each one is normal and well adjusted.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM

turtlesquish23
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Wrong. I know 3 off the top of my head. one is a happy, healthy 11 year old.

Quoting unspecified42:

No 20 weeker has ever been saved.

unspecified42
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Who was born at 20 weeks?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:54 AM
I don't know. My cousin was born at 23 weeks. He was hospitalised for a few months and then went home when his lungs were functioning correctly. He's now 24 and has no health issues as a result of his birth..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:55 AM
As a mom of a baby born at 22 weeks and having a hospital staff stand around stating it is hospital policy not to try to save a baby before 24 weeks I was devistared and mad as hell. Now 10 years later im still mad and wishing someone would have steped in. We were able ho hold and hug him for the 90 min that he struggled to breathe before he passed in our arms. No parent deserves that.
unspecified42
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:59 AM
You should call Guinness then, that's a world record by nearly two weeks!

Quoting turtlesquish23:

Quoting unspecified42:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
turtlesquish23
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:01 AM
I guess I should :)

Quoting unspecified42:

You should call Guinness then, that's a world record by nearly two weeks!

Quoting turtlesquish23:

Quoting unspecified42:

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Yes. I know several people who have had babiies born as micro preemies and they are almost completely normal now(smallish still and one has speech delays)but they r all happy wonderful kids
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:03 AM

No, not in my eyes.  Everyone is welcome to their own ideas and beliefs, though. 

The bible teaches that life is precious.  We should protect it and nurture it.  That is why I feel medical intervention would NOT be against God's will as it is promoted in the bible.  If all else fails, then it was God's will to take the child home.  I would NEVER, EVER willingly say "don't even try".  That's not valuing life as God has taught. 

Again, this is my personal belief.  I understand your confusion, but my beliefs really aren't up for debate or argument. 

Quoting Anonymous:

But wouldn't medical intervention to try to save the life of an underdeveloped baby also be interfering with God's will?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes.  As a Christian, I personally feel it's not my place to make the decision on who lives and who dies.  Every life is put here for a purpose, and who am I to interfere with that?

I would pray every day for God to ease the suffering/pain of that child, but I'd love them every second in-between until they were called Home. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN