Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She's giving them away EDIT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My friend is outing up her 2 and 6 yr old up for adoption because "I want a life and they holding me back" it brakes my heart because the little girls LOVES her so much. I was wanting to adopt them but I have NOTHING for two little girls. She told me if I did adopt them she would never talk to me again and completely disappear. I'm not rich but I know I could give those girls the happiest life.

What would you do?

Btw, these girls have dirty clothes that do not fit, dirty shoes, no jackets etc. she never cared
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:38 AM
I could afford them. It might be hard at first

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

Could you afford 2 girls? Fuck your sister

Eta: don't know why my mind turned "friend" into "sister"

I need more coffee

karmakarma
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Oh and if this IS legitimate... Seriously, if you take them, make sure you do all you can to ensure she doesn't come back into their lives or tries to get them back. Don't just let her walk out of their lives, take them far away. That is so fucked up beyond words of that mother to do this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Not if she and the father terminate rights she can give them to whoever for adoption

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I think family has dibs don't they?

In some states you would still need to meet the income requirements for adoption, though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:38 AM
I think children are more important then a friendship

Quoting unspecified42:

Are you interested in maintaining a friendship with her?

allmy3girls
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Honestly  what kind of mother gives birth twice and then decides to 'give them up' because  they are holding her up, she wants a life  WHAT about those 2 little girls?? dont they deserve a LIFE?,if the mother didnt want children WHY have them?..I guess those little girls should be adopted by a family that wants them and could give them a better life.  the mother has a 'twisted mind'  someone should get those girls  and let the mother suffer in saddness for what she did I have 3 daughters and am SO greatful every day  I would NEVER want to let them go SHAME on the mother,  I wish I could take them as I would...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:39 AM

I would look at her and say, well YOU don't want OUR kids and I will take them. So why would I care if you never spoke to me again? I am wanting something you no longer want!

GOD, women who are like your friend make me sick. Thinking kids can just be given away when they decide they no longer want to be a parent. That should have been decide before having kids or ealry stages of pregnancy. The oldest is 6 years old for crying out loud. She will always remember her mother not wanting her and just giving her away. Talk about issues!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Her family wants nothing to do with her. Her parents died years ago

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I think family has dibs don't they?

In some states you would still need to meet the income requirements for adoption, though.

Cmgmqmmom
by Sass Queen on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:40 AM
It's a selfish reason to give up her kids, but at least she realizes she doesn't want to care for them. I suppose that's better than treating then like crap and resenting them.
I'd see if you could adopt them. I'm not sure of the process, but I think to do so legally there may be all sorts of legalities that you need to follow through with.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:40 AM

You could do private adoption. If you go through the state then you're looking at a long drawn out process. It's easier if she just signs them over to you via a private arrangement. I would take them if I could afford them and had the space. 

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Contact a lawyer and start learning wha you need to do. I'd adopt them in a heartbeat.

Quoting Anonymous:

I could afford them. It might be hard at first

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

Could you afford 2 girls? Fuck your sister

Eta: don't know why my mind turned "friend" into "sister"

I need more coffee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)