Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She's giving them away EDIT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My friend is outing up her 2 and 6 yr old up for adoption because "I want a life and they holding me back" it brakes my heart because the little girls LOVES her so much. I was wanting to adopt them but I have NOTHING for two little girls. She told me if I did adopt them she would never talk to me again and completely disappear. I'm not rich but I know I could give those girls the happiest life.

What would you do?

Btw, these girls have dirty clothes that do not fit, dirty shoes, no jackets etc. she never cared
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Replies (31-40):
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:41 AM
I'd honestly tell her to read up on what happens to children this is done to.I don't understand how people could be so heartless.

I would try my damnedest to adopt them if she is truly going through with it.

My dh's ex gave up her dd at 5 or 6 and the poor kid is all screwed up.
zraunt
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:42 AM

If you can take them. Screw her with no lube.

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:42 AM
If no one from her family steps up then get a home study and lawyer and go for it. If she is willing to give you custody or guardianship before you go through the adoption process, it may go easier depending on your state laws.
WifeySlymm
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I wold do it... if she goes throgh DHS tell them you want to foster adopt that way the girls will be living with you while you go through the adoption process

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:43 AM

No. Not necessarily.

When my ex terminated his rights, voluntarily, my husband still had to go through a private adoption - and meet all the requirements set forth by the courts FOR a private adoption - before he could legally adopt my daughter, regardless of my consent.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not if she and the father terminate rights she can give them to whoever for adoption

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I think family has dibs don't they?

In some states you would still need to meet the income requirements for adoption, though.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Adopt. 

chunkyhoney78
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:43 AM

adopt them legally and make sure they do terminate their rights also make sure you change their last name to yours. these poor girls the 2 yr old most likely wont remember her but the 6 yr old will so get her into counseling so she doesn't grow up thinking its her fault. You can do this I wish you the best of luck!

B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I know two women who did this, one with one kid and the other with four. They just walked away and never looked back, leaving heartbroken kids and husbands and very angry friends and family.

Quoting allmy3girls:

Honestly  what kind of mother gives birth twice and then decides to 'give them up' because  they are holding her up, she wants a life  WHAT about those 2 little girls?? dont they deserve a LIFE?,if the mother didnt want children WHY have them?..I guess those little girls should be adopted by a family that wants them and could give them a better life.  the mother has a 'twisted mind'  someone should get those girls  and let the mother suffer in saddness for what she did I have 3 daughters and am SO greatful every day  I would NEVER want to let them go SHAME on the mother,  I wish I could take them as I would...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:44 AM
In not saying she wouldn't have to take the right steps, it was in reference to family getting dibbS

Quoting AutymsMommy:

No. Not necessarily.

When my ex terminated his rights, voluntarily, my husband still had to go through a private adoption - and meet all the requirements set forth by the courts FOR a private adoption - before he could legally adopt my daughter, regardless of my consent.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not if she and the father terminate rights she can give them to whoever for adoption

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I think family has dibs don't they?

In some states you would still need to meet the income requirements for adoption, though.

.Bad.Wolf.
by Morsmordre on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I'd adopt them in a heartbeat.

She won't be in your life anymore? Good, you don't need POS friends anyway. Make those little girls happy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)