Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She's giving them away EDIT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My friend is outing up her 2 and 6 yr old up for adoption because "I want a life and they holding me back" it brakes my heart because the little girls LOVES her so much. I was wanting to adopt them but I have NOTHING for two little girls. She told me if I did adopt them she would never talk to me again and completely disappear. I'm not rich but I know I could give those girls the happiest life.

What would you do?

Btw, these girls have dirty clothes that do not fit, dirty shoes, no jackets etc. she never cared
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Ya know, fuck her friendship. Do you really want to be freinds with such a selfish CUNT??? I would see about adoption. Even if you don't, drop this bitch
Karopie_99
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:46 AM
I would find a way to afford them and take them in. Screw the heartless friend!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Agreed. I'm not concerned about her being my friend but I want the girls to see her. The girls have dirty clothes and shoes. No jackets etc. she never cared

Quoting .Bad.Wolf.:

I'd adopt them in a heartbeat.

She won't be in your life anymore? Good, you don't need POS friends anyway. Make those little girls happy.

.Bad.Wolf.
by Morsmordre on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Adopt them if you're financially & emotionally able to. What does her family say about it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Agreed. I'm not concerned about her being my friend but I want the girls to see her. The girls have dirty clothes and shoes. No jackets etc. she never cared

Quoting .Bad.Wolf.:

She won't be in your life anymore? Good, you don't need POS friends anyway. Make those little girls happy.

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Ah. Gotcha. Misunderstood.

OP - check into your state laws. States that require you to go through this as a private adoption (i.e. the girls aren't in state custody/foster care, thus making it a foster care adoption) are very pricey (same cost as adoption privately) - you may incur the cost of an attorney, may be required to privately hire a Guardian Ad Litem, court costs, background check fees, etc.

I'm not sure how one would go about placing older children for adoption. Is your friend talking about simply handing them over to CPS to be placed? In that case, they would go into foster care and you may be able to apply for emergency placement/become a foster parent specifically for them.

Quoting Anonymous:

In not saying she wouldn't have to take the right steps, it was in reference to family getting dibbS

Quoting AutymsMommy:

No. Not necessarily.

When my ex terminated his rights, voluntarily, my husband still had to go through a private adoption - and meet all the requirements set forth by the courts FOR a private adoption - before he could legally adopt my daughter, regardless of my consent.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not if she and the father terminate rights she can give them to whoever for adoption

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I think family has dibs don't they?

In some states you would still need to meet the income requirements for adoption, though.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Decker
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Take the girls and say fuck it to the friendship

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:50 AM
She never knew the dads, parents are dead and the rest don't speak to her.

Quoting .Bad.Wolf.:

Adopt them if you're financially & emotionally able to. What does her family say about it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting .Bad.Wolf.:

allmy3girls
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I just dont know HOW a mother can do that......I am a SAHM  and I have 1 daughter who just started pre-school,  she was my little shadow before the twins came, but I miss her like crazy when she is at school, I just cant separate my my girls I would be so miserable  and sad...maybe this mother has some issues but to just walk away from your children is the worst thing ever..I feel for those kids...honest I do

Quoting B1Bomber:

I know two women who did this, one with one kid and the other with four. They just walked away and never looked back, leaving heartbroken kids and husbands and very angry friends and family.

Quoting allmy3girls:

Honestly  what kind of mother gives birth twice and then decides to 'give them up' because  they are holding her up, she wants a life  WHAT about those 2 little girls?? dont they deserve a LIFE?,if the mother didnt want children WHY have them?..I guess those little girls should be adopted by a family that wants them and could give them a better life.  the mother has a 'twisted mind'  someone should get those girls  and let the mother suffer in saddness for what she did I have 3 daughters and am SO greatful every day  I would NEVER want to let them go SHAME on the mother,  I wish I could take them as I would...

Mommytoaangel
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Ditto

Quoting brandydesiree:

I'd take them in a second. Screw her, she obviously doesn't want to be a mother, and forcing her to be one only hurts those girls.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kearaloves1
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Quoting Snakecharm:

This. You clearly are leaning that way. Losing a friend with this lack of consciousness is no loss.

Quoting kearaloves1:

adopt them if you feel thats what god is telling you to do!

exactly the mother is not a loss the kids would be thank you snakecharm! you said it well

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)