Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ENGORED!!

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:33 AM
  • 13 Replies
I know this is not the right group, but I am desperate for help. I nursed my son for 4 weeks and then decided to wean gradually for two days..He was doing SO much better on formula that I stopped nursing completely. (Dumb I know) It has been a little over 24 hours since I nursed at all and I am soooo engorged. Very swollen and super painful. Has anyone done something similar and knows when the engorgement should peak or give me some tips for drying up. Been taking sudafed and trying cabbage in the bra...Just ready to feel better. Thanks for any help. :)
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
namestaken
by Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Bump
IrieLife
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Cabbage leaves. Fasho.

Oh. Ha. I didnt read shit past the first sentence..... You just have to wait it out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:14 AM
2 moms liked this

You just opened the gates for the breastfeeding Nazis LOL...

MissAmber6
by Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:15 AM
The cabbage has always worked great for me, make sure when you put iron them that it's cold and don't cover the nipple!!
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:15 AM

release the engorgement, but DO NOT EMPTY THE BREAST, by pumping. you should not have to do it again, or if you do, wait as long as possible before you do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Don't express any milk at all. It will just make your breasts make more to meet demand. I think severe engorgement should last two to three days, but I'm not completely sure of that. Try cool compresses. Good luck!

TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Ohhh man! Ouch!! I don't know. I weaned mine. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM
you're just going to have to wait it out. it will hurt like hell, but should start to ease up in a few days.
goodmama85
by Diamond Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:20 AM
I agree with anon
karmakarma
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Well for starters, keeping up with the breastfeeding would have been your best bet. 24 hours is nothing, it WILL get worse. Nothing you can really do, you can hand express some milk out to help but DO NOT PUMP or anything that will continue to stimulate your milk if you are really done nursing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured