Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you believe what you see on the news

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
Is the actual truth? I don't. I believe the majority of it is propaganda. Most especially in the case is Syria. Or have you ever noticed when some large event happens, the American media will focus on something that stirs the masses so they focus on that meaningless story? People I work with want to discuss Miley Cyrus at te VMAs rather than possibility if war with Syria. Or when the bill passed that foods that contained GMO's did not have to be labeled but everyone was too focused on gay marriage rights. Not to say that gay rights are meaningless but food spliced with pesticides takes presidence over that in mind. Anyway, do you believe CNN, fox or even local news source for all they say?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Wicked.Jester
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I believe it has roots in the truth, but is oversensationalized and often only tells one side, or even half a side, of a complicated story.

Objective journalism died a long time ago.

JBiiirdD
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Hell no. They tell you what they think you need to know.
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Yeah that's about what I think too.

Quoting Wicked.Jester:

I believe it has roots in the truth, but is oversensationalized and often only tells one side, or even half a side, of a complicated story.

Objective journalism died a long time ago.

Perfect.Pixie
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:48 AM
I believe that in many cases there is only partial truth.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:49 AM

nope. The only things I believe are deaths, fires, and the fact that the local dog kennel is over populated with unwanted animals since I was there and believe it to be true. 

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I get my news from as many sources as possible and generally believe the things that are reported by both sides equally.

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Wetend to watch both Fox and MSNBC in order to hear the story from the two most biased sources. it's interesting to see the differences inhow they are presented. we kind of take it from there. 

I don't take either one of those as the whole truth. we work to try and uncover a more comprehensive truth - as much as we can get from the media at least.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Or the competitiveness to put the story out first despite sources behind the story will supersede the truth. Point incase, during sandy hook elementary shootings CNN posted so many incorrect facts in a 24 hour period as truth I stead of speculation. It's too much to admit they did not have the facts.
Aislin
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:51 AM

No, I research things too much to believe the media. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN