Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

STUPID STUPID PARTIES!!! EDIT :)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 147 Replies
1 mom liked this
So my DD wants a spa party for her birthday which I thought was so cute!

I have someone coming in to give the girls pedis and I will have make up out for the girls to do their make up as well.

Well I thought it would be soooo cute if I got the girls little bathrobes to wear at the party and take home. I was hoping to find cheap little robes but the cheapest I'm finding is $8+ and I can't afford that. Not with 12 girls.

I'm frustrated bc I thought it would be so dang cute and now I will have to cut it out but I don't know what else to do. I wanted to do something so cute :(

Any ideas what I could replace the robes with to give it more of the spa feel?

EDIT: OK I think I'm going to buy pink and purple towels and wrap then around the girls and secure with a safety pin and cute ribbon.

They are getting Pedis and their make up done. Though I like the cucumbers for the eyes idea and a few others.

I get that $8 a robe is cheap but with the number of girls it comes to over 1/2 my budget. So I needed another idea to use other than robes.

Thank you so much ladies for all the ideas I am back to being excited about the party!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:06 AM
I must need a catchier title.
JustBreath2013
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:08 AM
8 moms liked this

8 bucks is a really good price IMO

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:10 AM

make them or thrift store?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Katkinson
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:11 AM
8 moms liked this

paper robes from a hospital.  Know anyone in the medical field?  They can decorate them with markers, too.  And they're cheap.  or write BYOR on the invite. . . bring your own robe.  HTH

Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I agree, but times 12 girls it is pretty expensive. 

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:11 AM
12 moms liked this

Have the girls bring robes and you can provide slippers or flip flops.

bellasmama2010
by Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:11 AM
11 moms liked this
How old are the girls? My only idea is to "make" robes. I would buy men's Xl white vneck T-shirts, you can get them in packages for cheap. Take the shirt and cut it down the front. Fold the edge over and sew. You could use some ribbon for a belt. Would be easy, cheap, and quick if you can sew!
Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM

IDK, I am sorry. Maybe ask around to see if you can borrow some? Or ask girls t bring their own robes? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM
I do not have an extra $105 laying around, wish I did. There are orhdr things that go into parties that I need money for.

Add on shipping as well which makes it more. Yes I've checked stores around here.

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured