Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/o not inviting special needs child

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 184 Replies
19 moms liked this
Newsflash people, not everyone is going to like someone. It doesn't even matter their reasoning as to why. Not everyone is going to accept your child or want to be their friend. It doesn't matter if they are special needs or not. Not every parent is going to make their child be friends with someone. Not being friends with someone or inviting them is NOT bullying!!! Get over it.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:29 PM
5 moms liked this
I was JUST thinking this. When my daughter gave some of her classmates invitations, her dad thought it was rude not to invite everyone. But there were a couple of girls in her class that she felt were really mean to the other kids. She didnt want to invite them and I didn't force her too do it. That's life! You won't be invited to every party and not everyone will like you.

Life is going to be full of heart break and hurt feelings...get used too it. *shrugs*
emmypaige
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Okay
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:30 PM
4 moms liked this
True. But "every child in the class EXCEPT one" just sounds wrong.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:32 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree. I don't invite people to my home I don't like, why should my child be forced to.
jemmyeve
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting incogNinja:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:33 PM
3 moms liked this
Quoting incogNinja:

that's the way it goes sometimes. Inviting someone you can't stand and hoping they stay home doesn't change things. Chances are the child will get excluded at the party too.
Retrokitty
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Not inviting one person IS rude. Its called having tact. You either invite all the kids or a select amount. 

tardistraveller
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:33 PM
7 moms liked this

Also as a sn mom, this is something that annoys me.  If my kid is acting up, it's not always because he's got special needs.  Sometimes he's just acting up because he's a kid.

And special needs kids can be jerks too.  If a kid doesn't like a special needs kid, it's not always becuase the kid has issues.  Sometimes they just aren't liked.  And that's ok!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I agree. I don't invite people to my home I don't like, why should my child be forced to.

i turn into a massive bitch if people I don't like are invited over. I can even hide my disdain.
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:35 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree, but I still try to guide my DD into playing with everyone and if she doesn not like them she still needs to respect them and their feelings. 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured