Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have never encountered such a little brat. Ugh!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 79 Replies
Last night DH had a coworker over for dinner. They brought their 7 year old son. I served steak, green beans, mushrooms, a salad and mashed potatoes.

Their kid immediately started whining about how he didn't like anything and how it was all "gross". His mom laughed and didn't say anything really, besides that he's usually "more of a chicken fingers kind of guy". She told him to eat the potatoes, since she knows he likes those. He had an absolute meltdown, kicking and screaming.

Seriously, do people not teach their kids basic manners anymore?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
seksen
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:47 PM
3 moms liked this
I would have hauled my child right out of there... But seriously my DS is not allowed to be picky.. I wasn't allowed to be picky when I was growing up and I turned out just fine.
anotherhalf
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
7 is way too old for that behavior.
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Why would you bring a child who doesn't know how to act to someone's home for dinner? How embarrassing.
Acid
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:48 PM

No, they really don't.

Kids are dumped in school at 2 and 3 years old.  And, as far as many parents are concerned, their job stops once they dump their kid in school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Same. And my parents raised me to know that as a guest in someone's home, you eat what is served or politely decline something you're not a fan of without making the host aware of it.

Quoting seksen:

I would have hauled my child right out of there... But seriously my DS is not allowed to be picky.. I wasn't allowed to be picky when I was growing up and I turned out just fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:52 PM
I know! My 5 year old was staring at him wide eyed and like he couldn't believe it.

Quoting anotherhalf:

7 is way too old for that behavior.

Mommysmadae
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Absurd behavior and his parents should be ashamed. Hope they at least offered you an apology?
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow. How awkward.

I honestly don't know how I would handle that with a guest, but MY child would be in so much trouble if I had that meltdown (which hasn't happened yet and hopefully never does... He's almost two and eats everything because I don't cater to his tastes).
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:55 PM
I would be so embarrassed if that was my kid. I'd not take them to someone else's house if they acted like this. Most kids I know have better manners even at a younger age so I still have hope that this one is just an exception.
baquick
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:55 PM
I would have been MORTIFIED
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN