Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I told my mother off

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:35 PM
  • 31 Replies
It's freakishly hot here. My mother lives with my sister 45 minutes away and it's just as hot there.

My sister has 3 little fans for her home and according to her it doesn't do much and it's super hot in their home. My apartment has AC and ceiling fans so it stays cool.

I called mom to invite her over to get out of the heat and spend time with the kids. She said she didn't feel like driving. I told her I could go pick her up it was no problem. She said she didn't feel like it.

My kids don't see her often and she sees and spoils my sisters kids ALL the dealing time. She's never treated them the same. I'm just so over it. I told her never mind then and that if she would rather spend the day in an incredibly hot little house than see her grandkids then fine I wasn't going to bother anymore trying and then I went off on a tangent about how my kids are no ones favorite and (except oldest) and in over crappy grandparents.

I then hung up. Obviously this is an ongoing issue. Not only with her but my crappy in laws. Only my exes parents are awesome but my younger two are not theirs so only my oldest has a good set.

Sorry so long. If you made it this far thank you :)
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HumanBeing
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Oh and my dh and I go above and beyond to get grandparents involved over the years. I'm seriously tired of putting in the effort. I'm officially done.
HumanBeing
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:37 PM
I feel better now
Mommysmadae
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:39 PM
I would move on. She sounds selfish and not worth the effort. Sorry you're having to deal with this.
AugustMomma
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:39 PM
It's really her loss.
3.ang3ls
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Sounds like my mom. Except she pretty much has no time for all her grand kids. She doesn't even work. I have only asked her twice the entire time I have had children (my oldest is almost 11) to watch my kids. Both times I was pretty desperate, both times she was too busy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kristanna
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Sorry :/ I don't have this problem with my mom because my kids are her only grandchildren right now (Sisters are 20 and 17 and brother is 13 lol). However, my mother and I don't have a very good relationship.

I get what you are saying though and it's not cool.

activitymode
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:47 PM
my ex's mom was that way. she has her favorites amongst her own children and grandchildren.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peppy11
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:47 PM
I have a similar situation. You are right to be "done",to continue trying is setting yourself up for more hurt and disappointment. Hugs.
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM

What you want her to be and who she really is are two different things. Their loss, I'm sorry.

2manydiapers
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM
My parents live in the same town, and only make an effort with my oldest. My mom is "having problems excepting Will being half mexican"

Mil... batshit crazy idolizes my ss

So Will has no one, Jude has my parents, Cedric has two sets of over compensating grandparents.

I've honestly just given up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN