Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is everyone's mother like this...?

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:47 PM
  • 141 Replies

I'm wondering if everyone's mother overbearing/controlling when it comes to their grandchildren?

For example:
My mom keep giving Ava all kinds of "adult" food, she chew it up but still I said no. Ava got a rash and I asked my mom for the millionth time to not feed her anything else other than her bottle and baby food, but she doesn't listen! She told me today "I raised 6 kids, I think I know what I'm doing". I told her, Ava could be allergic to the food you're given her, she saying "It's just a heat rash".

What really pissed me off this morning, I walked in the door and Ava got a Dum Dum sucker in her mouth.
Seriously, I don't want to be disrespectful & everytime I tell her I'm keeping Ava away for awhile. My mom goes ballistic, than my grandmother calls and add her two cents. They annoy me, I really want to move but I'm having a hard time selling my home :(

Anyone else mother like this?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:48 PM
2 moms liked this

No, I had a FANTASTIC Mom who never gave advice, ever...unless I pried it out of her, and sometimes not even then.

If I could be only 1/4 the Grandma/MIL she was...

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Mine is very uninvolved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pedritosmama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Oh yeah, girl.  My mom always tells me everything I am doing wrong.  It's  a normal mother thing.

New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:50 PM
No, my mom makes her opinions known but I follow up with yes, but this so my child and your grandchild.

She won't do anything she knows I'm really against. He's 3 now so it's not a big deal. Although my step dad wants to sugar him up all the time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Why do you keep leaving her with your mother then?

Why aren't you staying during the visits, and taking her with you?
AngelSinger
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:52 PM

My mother was not like that. My stepmonster was...She tried to change my son's name and gave him Mountain Dew when he was a year old. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Mine is no longer in my daughters life. She was horrible.
Mamaof3and1tobe
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:52 PM
My mom lives 19 hours away from me lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:53 PM

my mom is dead but my xMIL is like that. I raised 5 kids, I know what i'm doing(all in spanish though) yeah good thing she doesn't see her often

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:53 PM
My mother tried that. I nipped it real quick.

DH mother is worse. She told me that she can do whatever she wants to my kids because she gave birth to 3 kids.

Yeah..... NO.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)