Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hope she knows she almost killed our Grandma

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
My grandma is 87 and up until 3 weeks ago she babysat my cousins 2 kids who are 3 and 1.

The 3 year had been sick with strep but my cousin kept sending him over. Well then the 1 year old threw a car and scratched my grandmas leg and it got infected. It got so infected that she couldn't walk. She went to the hospital and her blood pressure was so low they almost sent her to icu because it wasn't going up.

She's doing better now but still can't walk.

All of this would have been prevented if my cousin would have taken fucking responsibility instead of getting a part time job because "I just hate sitting in the house" she didn't need this job.i told her time and time again that our grandma is too old to be warning toddlers but she didn't care.

I just hope she knows this is all her fault and I hope she feels terrible.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lexiloo714
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:39 PM
I agree she shouldn't be relying on your grandma, but why didn't she go to the Dr before it got that infected ?
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:41 PM
6 moms liked this
I don't see how that's all her fault. Grandma is an adult and capable of saying "no, I'm old and don't want to babysit." Also I guess we're all damned if we do and damned if we don't when it comes to work on here. Working moms neglect their kids, SAHMs are lazy and will be screwed if they have to go back to work because their résumé isn't current. A mom who tries to do something in the middle and work part time is neglecting her responsibility to her kids because she doesn't "need" the job. Ffs, you people are ridiculous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:42 PM
It didn't take long to get infected badly. I don't think she knew it would be so bad because it really was just a small scratch.

Quoting lexiloo714:

I agree she shouldn't be relying on your grandma, but why didn't she go to the Dr before it got that infected ?

lexiloo714
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:43 PM
That sucks :-( is she doing better now? And does your cousin plan on getting another sitter or quitting?

Quoting Anonymous:

It didn't take long to get infected badly. I don't think she knew it would be so bad because it really was just a small scratch.

Quoting lexiloo714:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM
I don't really give a damn if she gets a job but she needs to find child care just like I do because I have a job. Yes my grandma could have said no but she's too nice for that. My cousin is not stupid. She saw that it was hard for my grandma to watch those kids and yes it's her fault because had those kids been where they belonged, with a parent or at day care, she wouldn't have nearly died.

Quoting FoxFire363:

I don't see how that's all her fault. Grandma is an adult and capable of saying "no, I'm old and don't want to babysit." Also I guess we're all damned if we do and damned if we don't when it comes to work on here. Working moms neglect their kids, SAHMs are lazy and will be screwed if they have to go back to work because their résumé isn't current. A mom who tries to do something in the middle and work part time is neglecting her responsibility to her kids because she doesn't "need" the job. Ffs, you people are ridiculous.

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:45 PM
I still think you sound ridiculous.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't really give a damn if she gets a job but she needs to find child care just like I do because I have a job. Yes my grandma could have said no but she's too nice for that. My cousin is not stupid. She saw that it was hard for my grandma to watch those kids and yes it's her fault because had those kids been where they belonged, with a parent or at day care, she wouldn't have nearly died.

Quoting FoxFire363:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM
I'm not sure what my cousin plans on doing but grandma definitely can't watch them even if she wanted to because the doctors say nothing can be on her legs(kids or animals). But she's moving in to a nursing home for rehabilitation next week until she can walk again then she can come home :)

Quoting lexiloo714:

That sucks :-( is she doing better now? And does your cousin plan on getting another sitter or quitting?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lexiloo714:

2ArfarasMom
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM
2 moms liked this

I feel badly for your grandmother although she could have decided not to watch the kids. And the 1 yr old hurting your grandmother like that would have been an accident. And it is true, the people that work full time get to hear they are neglecting their kids and that daycare is raising their children. SAHMs are lazy and do nothing all day long and don't earn paychecks. So...who has the right answer then? What happened to your grandmother is horrible however it's not all your cousins fault. It was an accident

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM
But defending someone who thinks an 87 year old is capable of watching toddlers isn't...

Quoting FoxFire363:

I still think you sound ridiculous.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting FoxFire363:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I don't care if she's a working mom or not. If she wanted to work fine, she should have hired a sitter like everyone else does.

Quoting 2ArfarasMom:

I feel badly for your grandmother although she could have decided not to watch the kids. And the 1 yr old hurting your grandmother like that would have been an accident. And it is true, the people that work full time get to hear they are neglecting their kids and that daycare is raising their children. SAHMs are lazy and do nothing all day long and don't earn paychecks. So...who has the right answer then? What happened to your grandmother is horrible however it's not all your cousins fault. It was an accident

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)