Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Update!!! Am I overreacting. Sorry if my grammar looks bad I'm crying my eyes out!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 81 Replies
1 mom liked this
So my ex and I agreed he could see our son (who's 19 month old) today at 10am till 130pm. 140pm role around I got worried and called the father. The fathers phone was off and then I started to get super worried and concerned. So I called my exs father and asked him where are they and is everything ok. 15 mins later i texted my exs father he said y'all agreed on 6 not 130 so I sent the screen shot of the text to prove what my ex and I agreed on. I told them I didn't care I had plans too but if they asked I wouldn't have mind. I said fine make sure he's home at 6pm. Now my exs dad is acting like my ex isn't going to bring our son back because he said I'm dangerous with my son. But my son has lived with me since a newborn I don't understand. Should I call the cops at 6pm if he doesn't come???

UPDATE our son home hungry and thirsty but safe at 6pm
Wow ladies, I wasn't expecting to see all the replies and thank you. We where never married so in state of Indiana we go by guidelines. I have court papers stating that. The father has already had our son more then the guidelines say because I want our son to see his father. Since
I receive child support they say I have primary custody. I called the cops I told them what was going on because I already been threw this with the father before not returning the child and we already have a couple reports. Any ways the cops said since they couldn't find the father at 5pm and his family refuse to give information. They where going to do amber alert. I didn't want to take it that far but cops advise me call them 6pm sharp to make the amber alert, 6pm father bangs on my door tells me that we agreed on 6pm when I have text says otherwise. But he says I agreed on phone when I haven't talk to him on phone in forever. I have our son home safe. Say the least are judge over here is butt said I should waited and went court house made a report. But the police are telling make report that second just incase he leaves state. It's big headache and lawyers don't help on unmarried custody battles.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckystars2012
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 5:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Do you have a court order for custody?
JealousGrrl
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I'd call the cops if he doesn't come at 6.
.Bad.Wolf.
by Morsmordre on Sep. 1, 2013 at 5:12 PM
4 moms liked this

I would call now.

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Sep. 1, 2013 at 5:13 PM
2 moms liked this
Has he legitimated the child? Were you married when the child was born?

AngelSinger
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 5:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Something's fishy. If you have an attorney, call him. And yes, call the cops.

Even if he brings him back, first thing Tuesday morning call an attorney. Because of the accusations, you need to protect your child and yourself. I'd ask the courts for supervised visitations. I think it's warranted in this case. 

CampClan
1 mom liked this

If your don't have a CO then there may be nothing you can do about it. Unless he is not on the birth certificate & you were never married. Then there may be something you can do. If this is the case he has no proof he is the father (unless you had a DNA test done & he has the results). Then I would call the cops.

TaralynnStewart
Is there a court order? Police normally won't get involved unless there is a court order.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katemckenzie
by Kate on Sep. 1, 2013 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
If you have custody, call the cops.
Curlyswirlymom
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I think I probably would.  The police are probably more familiar with the legal guidelines to something like this. 

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Not overreacting at all! I would have already called. You're being nice. Do call at six if they're not back though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)