Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I told my MIL to shut the F- up) EDIT EDIT AGAIN

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 96 Replies
3 moms liked this

My DH's brother has two kids and is a loser.  He comes to us all the time, wanting money.  He claims he has no food for the kids or whatever and for a while, we gave him money.  Well we decided to stop doing that.  So the next time he came over, claiming his kids had no food, I said, then let's go to the store and I will buy you two weeks worth of food, that will get you by until you get your paycheck.  He does work.  He looked me dead in the eye and said, I'd rather have the cash.  I said, then I can't help you.  He got pissed off and walked out.

About 15 minutes later, my MIL called me bitching.  She was saying how we are family and we need to help each other.  That he works so hard and gets no help from his kids mom, who lives with him.  And that we have so much more than he does, that we have so much more money than he does and it is our job to help him.  I told her my side, that I offered to take him to the store to buy the food.  She interrupted me with, " Did it occur to you that he might be embarrassed going to the stop with you and having you pay for his food!" I said, " No, because he's not to embarrassed to ask for the money in the first place.  AND if he needs the food so bad, then why didn't he take the offer?  Why did he said he'd rather have the cash?  We are done helping him. We will give him nothing more.  I will keep my offer on the table and take him shopping but I will not give him one dime."  She started to yell at me about how selfish I am and blah blah blah so I told her to shut the fuck up.  

Was I wrong?

Edit: I did text her and say, if you want him to have cash so bad, then you can take it to him.  Her answer to me was,  I can't give him any money.  I paid his rent and car payment this week......

EDIT:  There was a time where my DH and I needed help one month.  I asked her if we could borrow the money to make a truck payment on my husband's truck...her answer was no, because sometimes struggling makes you stronger.....Are you serious, bitch?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BekahBrownEyes
by NoLies on Sep. 1, 2013 at 6:17 PM
4 moms liked this
No, she overstepped her bounds and is clearly still manipulated by her son. Do you think dh will be upset with you?
FlyingHottie
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Nope. Just like how you don't give homeless people money... They won't use it for what they need

disastermind
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 6:17 PM
3 moms liked this

I probably would have just hung up on her.

autodidact
by Snarknado on Sep. 1, 2013 at 6:18 PM

nope

RoxStetz
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 6:18 PM
I think you were very generous to offer to take him shopping. It sounds hinky that he only wants cash.

I would have told her to stf up too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Nope. He's a moocher..

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 6:19 PM

I would never use that language with my MIL, but no.

_cori
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 6:19 PM
This exactly

Quoting RoxStetz:

I think you were very generous to offer to take him shopping. It sounds hinky that he only wants cash.

I would have told her to stf up too.
opal10161973
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

WOW.  I didn't realize that we were supposed to be supporting our siblings just because they have similar genetics as we do.  I will start giving away all my DH's hard earned money right now!  Note: Sarcasm

WTF?  Entitled much?

model1000mom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 6:20 PM

no

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)