Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Whats wrong with me? Please help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

I know im depressed. thats not the issue here. I am seeking help so dont worry. 

my question is about crying. 

my parents were abusive all my life. mom beating me, treating me like shit, ignoring me, neglecting me, etc. my father either ignoring it, or lying for my mother, telling me what lies to tell the school etc. 

then i married my DH, who i thought was my savior, when i was 20, still living with my parents and their abuse. 

it was a few months before i got pregnant after getting married. 

but it seemed, over a year, my DH changed. he was an abuser too. i wont go into detail. thats not really the point here. 

we are broke, struggling so hard. I am leaving my husband as soon as i have an out. (job, shelter, etc) 

I feel like crying ALL THE TIME. i hurt so much, and i want to cry SO BAD 

but i never do. 

I try to make myself cry, and i cant. 

i feel it come up a little, then it goes away. 

i want to cry so bad :( :( 

how do i cry?! 

ive never really cried before. but i want to so much right now. 

whats wrong with me that i cant cry!? 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Oh man mama. Idk but I'll pray for u.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you so much. prayers are such a help. 

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Oh man mama. Idk but I'll pray for u.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 1, 2013 at 6:41 PM
You can't cry because you're not feeling for the right reasons... You say the issue with your parents abuse isn't the point so you bypass those emotions, you say your husband's abuse isn't the point so you bypass those emotions... You've trained yourself not to feel for the biggest issues in your life...

When you realize that you need to leave the cycle of abuse is when your body is going to purge all of the emotions you sank to the bottom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2013 at 6:47 PM

But i have realized it. I think you are right, it feels like I block it, but not as a concious choice. Its like automattic. when will it stop? 

Quoting Anonymous:

You can't cry because you're not feeling for the right reasons... You say the issue with your parents abuse isn't the point so you bypass those emotions, you say your husband's abuse isn't the point so you bypass those emotions... You've trained yourself not to feel for the biggest issues in your life...

When you realize that you need to leave the cycle of abuse is when your body is going to purge all of the emotions you sank to the bottom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)