Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think something followed us home...PICS PG 2

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:36 AM
  • 122 Replies

Posted this in another group, but it doesn't seem super active. This being a highly active group i'm posting here too :)

Around the beginning of June we took our 8 and 6yr old daughters to the Ripley's Ghost Train Adventure. 

On this ghost tour they give you a little meter thing that is supposed to light up if there is something paranormal around? IDK that's what I got out of it anyways lol. Well the tour is close to two hours, and the entire time the girl's machines were lighting up. At first I thought they were faulty, so my dh and I traded with them, but the ones they were holding still kept lighting up like crazy. The tour guide said sometimes children attract activity, as opposed to adults. 

Anyways, something about this whole trip started feeling different around the time we got to the inside of Ripleys portion of the tour. IDK how to even explain it, I just felt, different. Distant. Kinda worn out and depressed almost. I figured it was just because I was pregnant and it was a lot of walking. However, at one point, I was kind of zoned out when my husband nudged me. I said, "what" and realized everyone was turned facing me and staring at me. Everyone's meters were pointed at me and were lighting up. I kind of moved to the side and their meters went off, so they pointed them at me again, and they would light up. The tour guide had me move to the opposite side of the room, and embarrassed, I did. The people pointed their meters at me, at first they didn't go off, and then all the sudden a few seconds later they light up the room.

We all just kind of laughed it off and soon after the tour ended.

Soon after, a couple days if I remember correctly things started happening around the house. Mostly at night.

Just a few of the things (too many to name lol)...

I have been waking up randomly, startled, not knowing what caused me to wake up so abruptly with a shaky feeling, my heart racing. Kind of how you feel when you are in a deep sleep and someone shakes you awake, yelling, and you feel startled when you wake up. But there's nothing wrong to have caused it.

I've also been seeing things out of the corner of my eye, like movement, and shadows, but when I turn there's nothing. One time I was in my master bath doing my hair, home alone. In the mirror I could have sworn I saw someone duck around the corner. I thought maybe my husband had come back from the store and I hadn't heard so I laughed and said, "what are you doing?" He didn't answer. So I walked out into the living room, no one. I checked the whole house with my loaded gun I was so scared, it was that real.

My youngest dd says her room feels scary sometimes, but her grandma in heaven makes it better. She has never talked like this before and has only been saying this the past 3 weeks or so. We also wake up to find her d/s a lot, like on the couch, and when she gets up when asked why, she says because she didn't want to be u/s.

My 8yr old says someone keeps waking her up at night, starting about a week ago, and when I asked what she means she says she hears someone calling her name but when she opens her eyes it stops. This has been going on the past week.

My dh for the past several months will be doing stuff in the house, in different rooms than I am in, and comes in several times asking me did I say something. I always laugh and say, "uh no I haven't opened my mouth". 

DH also swears while packing one of the u/s bedrooms he saw someone go out of one of the rooms and start walking down the stairs, he popped his head out thinking it was me, he was going to ask me to bring up some more tape, but there was no one there. We were the only two home, and when he came d/s into our room to see where I was I was on the bed on my laptop with headphones on.

We are moving in a week, so I'm hoping once we do, things will get better lol. What do ya'll think?

Pictures from St. Augustine trip in comments since it keeps messing up when I try to post in op.

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I think you need to turn off Ghost Hunters and go to bed.

by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this

lol! I don't watch ghost hunters but thanks for your input :D

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you need to turn off Ghost Hunters and go to bed.

by FriendoftheFoot on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:42 AM

It very well could have followed y'all. I've experienced things in our old house. Nothing here yet *knocks on wood* .  Was there 3 pics cause my screen just went funky :\ but I see part of a 3rd pic. Very odd.

by peachy on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Hmmm interesting. Bump
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:49 AM
I think something either followed you home or you've just become more sensitive to what has been in your house all along.

I've had those types of experiences since I was a child and still don't understand and have no control over it.
by Jamie on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Yep it could have
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't go out of my way to go to haunted places.  We have enough ghosts.

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:52 AM
3 moms liked this
Damn. I was hoping this was a post about a cute puppy or kitty.
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:54 AM
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I thought I saw some pics, and now they are gone. ...maybe the post is haunted now, jk! That is really creepy though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)