Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boobs and EBF!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
For those ladies who EBF their children... when did your boobs stop feeling like they were sore/full of breastmilk? I breastfed my dd until she weaned at age 3. She is age 6 now. You would think my breasts would be back to normal, but as I get closer to my period (my period shouldn't arrive until 9/7) I feel like I have "breastfeeding boobs" again. They are not just sore..they feel full. Does this happen to you?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Mine felt like that before I had kids. It's just hormones. They might always do that.

instant
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:42 AM

I believe a month after i weaned him. I breastfed for 2 years. 

TattoodMommy19
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Could you be pregnant
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Nope. Didn't have sex for the last 4 weeks.

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Could you be pregnant

TattoodMommy19
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Maybe a hormonal change of a different kind? Did you change birth control recently

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Could you be pregnant

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:52 AM

No. I don't take birth control. We practice natural family planning so neither of us take hormones. I will drink alcohol occasionally and I've cut down on my workouts, but those are pretty much the only changes lately.

So strange! Anyway, thanks for your replies.

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Maybe a hormonal change of a different kind? Did you change birth control recently

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Could you be pregnant

TattoodMommy19
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Huh. That is odd.
I ebf'd both my kids, the oldest to a year and my baby is still nursing at 22 months, I haven't experienced this.

Quoting Anonymous:

No. I don't take birth control. We practice natural family planning so neither of us take hormones. I will drink alcohol occasionally and I've cut down on my workouts, but those are pretty much the only changes lately.

So strange! Anyway, thanks for your replies.

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Could you be pregnant

Journeysmama11
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:58 AM

I'm still nursing my son (13 months) so, I have no clue, but I do think that my breast feel different during or before my period. How long does it take for milk to dry up completely? (I have no clue since my DD was only able to nurse for 4 months and I got pregnant when she was 5 months).

black_sun99
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:02 AM

I didn't breastfeed but my boobs feel that way before starting my period.  To me they actually feel heavier.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I have no clue how long it takes for breast milk to dry up. My boobs still feel like they have all the milk ducts ready to go. About a year ago I asked my doctor how long it would take for my boobs to dry up because when I squeezed my boobs had a pale green liquid come out. My doctor said it was nothing to worry about and that it might take a long time for my boobs to dry out since I breastfed for 3 years.

Still..here I am with boobs that make me feel like I have a newborn. lol

Quoting Journeysmama11:

I'm still nursing my son (13 months) so, I have no clue, but I do think that my breast feel different during or before my period. How long does it take for milk to dry up completely? (I have no clue since my DD was only able to nurse for 4 months and I got pregnant when she was 5 months).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)