Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My teenage daughter left her 9 year old cousin home alone!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 180 Replies
My sister is, in all honestly, a mess. I will not sugarcoat that here. She parties and she's irresponsible. She isn't the best at holding a job. She has a 9 year old son that she loves but she had him at 16 and still does not make the best choices all the time. My husband and I are there for her, but mostly there for our nephew.

She frequently drops him off without notice or warning. We're homebodies, so that's okay. However, since hubby's mother has been sick lately, my 16 year old daughter has had to watch him more often than usual. She's not a fan because, no sugarcoating, he's not the best behaved.

Well, today my sister tried to drop him off around noon. We weren't home. My daughter had plans to go back to school shopping with her friends and was about to leave. Her aunt said she needed to watch him since she has to go to a last minute job interview.

My daughter said no way, I'm busy. You drop him off all the time and expect me to watch him free. She said "if you leave him here, I'm not watching him. He's staying alone because I'm leaving".

My sister didn't believe her and left. I got voicemails 1 hour later because the hospital had no reception. It was my daughter saying that she left him at home because "this is absolute BS" and from my sobbing 9 year old nephew.

What would you do? I'm at a loss and furious with my daughter and with my sister.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:24 AM
9 moms liked this

Well she did tell her she wouldn't watch him!

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:26 AM
23 moms liked this

Be furious with your Sister. Your DD is NOT her built in babysitter. I would have called CPS if your SIL had just left the child at my house and expected MY teen to watch her child....and without any payment ...NO freaking way.

Irenesmommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:26 AM
2 moms liked this

you sister should have listened, your dd said she wouldn't watch him 

KylesWifey
by Go HAWKS!!!! on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:27 AM
2 moms liked this

I would call cps on your sister. I wouldn't be mad at your dd.

camocountrymom
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:28 AM
I would definitely be pissed at my sister.
csxt99
by Jennifer on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:28 AM
9 moms liked this

I would be pissed at both of them, but by allowing your sister to be irresponsible and drop her boy off whenever she felt like it, you set the pins up.  Your daughter finally got fed up and knocked them down.  I would put an IMMEDIATE stop to her dropping the boy off at the drop of a hat and I would ground my daughter for leaving him alone.  Whether she wanted to watch the kid or not, she should not have left him alone.

catrig
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:28 AM

It's not your daughter's responsibility.  Call cps.

bellawomen
by Summer on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:29 AM
2 moms liked this
While I do not agree with the 16 year old leaving the child at home, YOU need to stand up to your sister. She is the one ultimately responsible for her child. I have never heard of a last minute interview either. Your daughter shouldn't have to change her plans to watch a child that is not hers.

Have you thought about taking custody if she is so bad?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:29 AM
3 moms liked this
Your daughter warned her. She chose not to listen.

Just because you've been a pushover for years and enabled your sister to be a shitty mother and person doesn't mean your daughter has to as well.
-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Id be pissed at my sister first, but dd too because she shouldnt have left a kid alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)