Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:27 AM
  • 4 Replies

Why do my cats always get sick on a weekend?  When the vet is closed?  And the vet won't be open tomorrow either.  And we don't have an er vet.  =/  I think she has an ear infection.  I was petting her, and I noticed fluid draining from her ear.  My vet is going to hate, I swear, this type of stuff only happens on the weekend, and I end up calling her at home and bugging her.  But I don't think an ear infection can wait till Tuesday. 

I swear, pets and children get sick at the most inconvenient times. 

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
csxt99
by Jennifer on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Do you have any sweet oil?  Maybe that can hold her until Tuesday.

daughteroftruth
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Quoting csxt99:

Do you have any sweet oil?  Maybe that can hold her until Tuesday.

not sure what you mean by sweet oil.

I realized last night that we had still had some amoxacillian in the fridge, so I started her on that.  Hopefully that will help till I can get hold of the vet.  She is acting fine and normal.  but her ear is still draining.  I don't think she is running a fever... but i didn't check.. I knew I had the choice of taking her temp... or giving her the amoxacilllin, because once I did one, she was going to run and hide behind the piano... where she is now and has been since last night. 

csxt99
by Jennifer on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Sweet oil is a type of vegetable oil that can be used for swimmer's ear and ear pain from infections.  It can also be used in animals' ears to prevent them getting ear mites.  It can be bought in health and beauty sections of stores or online.  It's a good thing to keep on hand, not only for animals.  I have used in for my own earaches and when I was younger, on my rabbits and cats to prevent ear mite infestations.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Lol, I agree! Sorry, good luck tonight! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)