Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Would YOUR Mom React?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 131 Replies

This is for anyone to answer.

Answer based on your best understanding of your mother's views and beliefs.

If you were a teenager (or were in this situation in rl), and you came home telling your mother you were pregnant, what kind of discussion would you (or did you) have? What options did your parent(s) give you?

Technically a spin off, just curious.

I told my mother I was pregnant when I was 17, I'd already moved out of home and was planning my wedding. She was happy for us; considering I'd be told I'd never be able to conceive naturally.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
daisybaby91
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:15 AM
She would have been disappointed but supportive. Shes against abortion and would be happy that i wouldnt have one.
tharealty2
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:15 AM

I too told my mom I was pregnant at 17.  She cried, my dad got mad and it took them both a good while to get over it.  

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:16 AM
I don't think I'd be alive. My mom is crazy.
tardistraveller
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:17 AM

I highly doubt my mother would care.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Something horrible. My mother is mentally insane, she is supposed to be medicated at all times but refuses to take the pills. She said/did some of the worst things imaginable, if I had been a teen mother I would have worried that she would kill me or the baby. My dad would have screamed, maybe beat me, and locked me in my room while going through all of my stuff.

Punchyobuns
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:18 AM

My mom thinks that all babies are great so she would have been okay with it. My dad would probably have murdered the young man who impregnated his daughter. I'm sure it would have hastened their inevitable divorce which happened when I was 19.

thetrollcat

well Im 42 but realisticly my mom would have called me a fucking bitch no good dirty whore and what a fuck up I was and how she is going to kick my ass who in the fuck is going to pay for this baby and blah blah... ya a lot of cuss words and a lot of mean shit..... I was too damn scared to get pregnant/.

LiDoMama

Well when I told my stepmom I was pregnant I was 18 and out of the house. She just basically told me to tell my dad. My dad was the one who really helped me go through the pros and cons of my options. 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:18 AM

I was pregnant my Senior year of high school. I moved out of my moms house when I turned 18 and got married. Mom came to my job one day and saw my belly....

When I had my DD (during spring break) my mom offered to take a leave of absence from work so I could finish high school. She was shocked BUT never said a thing about an abortion....Our family doesn't believe in abortion at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:19 AM
My mother is mentally ill and refuses treatment. There's no telling how she'd have reacted. I do know she'd have kicked me out, but everything else is unpredictable.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)