Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So if someone smacks you in the face

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

They're not hitting you? In another post someone said spanking isn't hitting. I'm not completely against spanking, but to say it isn't hitting is ridiculous. It's a smack...smacking is hitting. If someone smacks you on the arm, they have hit you. If you're a spanker it's fine by me, but if you won't admit it's hitting it seems like you're ashamed in a way. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Punchyobuns
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:29 AM

I don't think that hitting and smacking are on the same level. I wouldn't let someone smack me or hit me, but there is a difference between the two.

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:30 AM
Its the same damn thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:30 AM

There's a difference between punching and smacking yes. But if I were to smack you on the back, arm, face, or any other area of the body with force, I'd still be hitting you.

Quoting Punchyobuns:

I don't think that hitting and smacking are on the same level. I wouldn't let someone smack me or hit me, but there is a difference between the two.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:31 AM

I agree with you.

Punchyobuns
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:32 AM

No I'm with you. It's still violence whether its a smack or a punch.

Quoting Anonymous:

There's a difference between punching and smacking yes. But if I were to smack you on the back, arm, face, or any other area of the body with force, I'd still be hitting you.

Quoting Punchyobuns:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:33 AM

The difference between a spanking and hitting someone is more about the intent behind it, not the physical act. A spanking is discipline, where typically when you hit someone, it's a violent reaction. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Yes spanking is discipline. But you're still hitting them. The only difference is the intent behind it. You're hitting them for discipline rather than anger. But aren't you STILL hitting them?

Quoting Anonymous:

The difference between a spanking and hitting someone is more about the intent behind it, not the physical act. A spanking is discipline, where typically when you hit someone, it's a violent reaction. 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Smacking, Hitting, Spanking, Beating............ALL the same to ME

momto3nuts
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Yes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes spanking is discipline. But you're still hitting them. The only difference is the intent behind it. You're hitting them for discipline rather than anger. But aren't you STILL hitting them?

Quoting Anonymous:

Kazoo22
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:38 AM

It's the same thing. Smacking and punching are different but smacking and hitting are the same. Punching would also be hitting, but would not be the same as smacking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)