Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flouridation of Public Water

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

So I'm curious about peoples opinion on this.

Many places in the world are putting flouride into the water supply of their communities. Some see this as an act of government forced medicating, whereas others see it as a health benefit.

The flouride is not natural, and is actually industrial grade; natural flouridation in small amounts can be good for you; artificial, man created may or may not.

Opinions?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
csxt99
by Jennifer on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it is unnecessary, but I never thought of it as government forcing medication on citizens.

tardistraveller
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:56 AM
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:57 AM
2 moms liked this
It is highly toxic, linked to all sorts of neurological disorders, and is basically mass poisoning of our kids.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:57 AM

Isn't this kind of an old argument?  As in, city water in many places (most?) started adding flouride in the 1960's.

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I drink bottled water. Tap water is gross
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:59 AM
1 mom liked this

VarelaClan
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:59 AM
1 mom liked this
We use a Big Berkey water filtration system that takes the flouride out of our water.

Quoting kailu1835:

It is highly toxic, linked to all sorts of neurological disorders, and is basically mass poisoning of our kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Hitler used it to calm the masses. They say at least. I am not for it people can get there own fluoride they don't need the government stepping in especially if it is bad for you.

Quoting kailu1835:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Isn't this kind of an old argument?  As in, city water in many places (most?) started adding flouride in the 1960's.

Our water was flouridated until 2003, where they stopped, and now they are adding it again in November.
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm on natural spring water and no fluoride anywhere around 😊 I love it!

Quoting VarelaClan:

We use a Big Berkey water filtration system that takes the flouride out of our water.

Quoting kailu1835:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)