Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ear piercing..how did your child react?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:33 AM
  • 41 Replies

Lately my 5 year old daughter has been begging to get her ears pierced, I agreed to let her do it, and also wondered about going ahead and getting my 2 year old daughters done..I'm just worried about them freaking out, did your child(ren) cry or make a scene? Also, where would be a good place to get them done, is Claires sanitary? I also know Wal Mart does them..how are they? I know nothing about the real piercing shops here..

If they did freak out when they were about to pierce them, how did you calm them down? Any suggestions?

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:34 AM
My sons was done at piercing pagoda. He was fine, didn't cry or throw a fit (age 6)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:35 AM
I had both my girls done at 6 mos. they cried for a second, but it was relatively non traumatic. They have never messed with them and they are now 7 and 4. I just had them done at Claire's.
Punchyobuns
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:37 AM

I had mine done at 5. I remember it being painless and easy.

rfhsure
by beast mode on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:38 AM

I got mine done at claire's when I was a kid and they did it crooked. They also use piercing guns, which is not a good way to do it at all. It's not nearly as healthy for the ear as doing it with a sterile needle.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:40 AM
We went to a piercing shop, guns are bad! Please research that! My dd was 8, she cried for a few seconds then cheered, lol.
BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:41 AM

Make sure wherever you go does both ears at once or she will get the first one then not want the second one...lol

It depends...is she normally a cry baby?  I mean some kids are and some aren't kwim?

I'd hold off on the 2 y/o...most fight you when it comes time to take care of them...

Good Luck!

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:41 AM

I passed out when mine was done at 16, lol

None of my girls were allowed to have their ears pierced until they were at least 16.

My granddaughters were done when they were around 1-2 years against my wishes........I have custody

My other DD told me that the girls FREAKED THE "F" OUT after the first ear was done.....smdh

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:41 AM

Take them to a tattoo place that does piercings. They use actual needles instead of the piercing guns.

bandzbandzbandz
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:43 AM

I'm waiting until she wants them done. So far she has no interest in being stabbed through the ear. Lol I'd wait on getting the two year old pierced but that's just me.

Bleacher-mom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:44 AM

For that young, I think if there are two people they can do both ears at the same time. Before my DD got hers done at 5 we were at Clairs and watched a little girl get hers done. She cried. My little neice that was with us, who at the time wanted to get hers done, changed her mind after that. She is now 7 and still hasn't gotten hers done. My DD still wanted to, so when we went I had told her that it probably would hurt, just so she wouldn't be shocked. She said that it didn't hurt at all. Not one tear or flinch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)