Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stop Giving Bad Reviews!

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:26 AM
  • 11 Replies

Grr! This is why I end up reading reviews for hours because all the negitive ones end up being about the fact that they didn't recieve the product or the store/online shop made a mistake and it had nothing to do with the product itself. 

If the product sucks leave a bad review. If the store sucks leave it out of your judgement of the product. If you didn't get the product no need to leave a review of it especially a negative one. If you got the product but the store messed up don't base your review of it on the product maybe mention it in your thoughts about it that the store messed up but no reason to give a product a 1 star because the store messed up! 

I have no idea why this bugs me so bad well other than the fact that I'm looking for gives for my son and kept ruling things out because they had horrible reviews. DH told me to find out why they did and for the last month I've found nothing but negative reviews refering to the site/store rather than the product itself! Annoying! Who's got time to look at reviews for absolutely everything to rule out dumb reasons people hated it?

Frustrated.

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
drowningmama
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:27 AM

I dook at reviews for almost everything I buy.  Yeah - I hate the reviews about the store issues.  I want the product issues.

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:27 AM
Yeah.. I would NEVER leave a bad review of the store on the review of the product. Unless the product sucks too. lol
msalice_21
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:29 AM
I like reading bad reviews for some reason. Its almost like I can picture someone finger pounding the keys angerly while they type it out lol
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:32 AM

I like reading both. If a store is bad I certainly don't want to shop there.

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:46 AM

I also hate the ones who review I just saw this twice, that say "I just got this product can't wait to open it" 3 stars. Ummm You haven't even seen the product why are you reviewing it?! 

Quoting drowningmama:

I dook at reviews for almost everything I buy.  Yeah - I hate the reviews about the store issues.  I want the product issues.

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:49 AM

Seriously! I can see leaving a review of the product and then saying "by the way I ordered this and it didn't show up the first time" or "my order was canceled but product was...." but don't bash the product over the store's problems. I can't imagine how many things I haven't bought because I just went by star value! Lesson learned read the stupid reviews to sort out good products over bad reviewers! 

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Yeah.. I would NEVER leave a bad review of the store on the review of the product. Unless the product sucks too. lol

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:50 AM

And I don't have a problem with a store review being in a products review as long as the star's review reflects only on the product itself and not the store. Thats all. =) Add in how the store was! Thats fine. 

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

I like reading both. If a store is bad I certainly don't want to shop there.

SadiasMomma
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:53 AM
I hate it when people give negative reviews because they're stupid and can't figure out how to use whatever it is. There's 200 positive reviews then one moron screaming DO NOT BUY!!! no idiot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:59 AM

LOL I've seen a few of those. "It took me 2 hours to put it together! It didn't work and I lost my patience" While others on the same product say "A little patience and paying attention to the instructions goes a long way took me 30 minutes to put together" lol. Some people just seem to be overly crabby when they write reviews!

I was looking at the easy bake oven and people were bitching because the muffin pan is hard to put in because it tips. Another reviewer said "if you watch the video on how to use it it shows that you need to put muffin tin in side the other pan and will fix the problem. LOL Apparently lots of good tips in reviews too! 

Quoting SadiasMomma:

I hate it when people give negative reviews because they're stupid and can't figure out how to use whatever it is. There's 200 positive reviews then one moron screaming DO NOT BUY!!! no idiot.

Lalalie
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:04 AM

You know, I've never really thought of that.

I don't generally leave reviews. I just don't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)