Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At what point is the doctor responsable?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:09 AM
  • 109 Replies
I see this abortion post and one woman bragging about having had 2 abortions already and saying she'll have another if she gets pregnant again.

My question is, do you think the doctor performing all these back to back abortions should share any blame by allowing the behaviour to continue?

ETA: This is not about whether abortion is right or wrong. It is about mulitple abortions.
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mistie900
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:10 AM
No. It's not his choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
No. It is a legal procedure.
PaintballBtch
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:11 AM
And FWIW, I am pro choice, although I do think some women use it far too often when there are many other options available.
rockgal81
by Steph on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Nope. It's her body. He can't tell her what she can and can't do with it. He can only make recommendations. 

PaintballBtch
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:12 AM
But do you think after 3, he should have an obligation to say something, suggest therapy, prescribe the pill?

Quoting mistie900:

No. It's not his choice.
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:12 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm on the fence. You can't say its a woman's choice then put conditions on that choice. At the same time,its irresponsible and imo sick, to continue having abortions as a form of birth control.

PaintballBtch
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
He could also refuse the "service".

Quoting rockgal81:

Nope. It's her body. He can't tell her what she can and can't do with it. He can only make recommendations. 

deenakate
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Is she going to the same dr? Is she telling the dr?

The pt went to the dr for his service, the dr didn't make her go.
PaintballBtch
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you!! This is exactly my point of view but I haven't had enough coffee to articulate that. LOL

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

I'm on the fence. You can't say its a women's choice then put conditions on that choice. At the same time,its irresponsible and imo sick, to continue having abortions as a form of birth control.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:15 AM
No they didn't force the woman to spread her legs and decide what to do with herself... He just performs a legal procedure... It's not a restaurant service where he could refuse service to anyone
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)