Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am not invited

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies
Ok, so there is a family gathering for my DHs family. (Next saturday) We have 2 kids and pregnant with our 3rd and my DH just informed me that he has to work and asked if I would mind going alone with the kids... Sure I don't mind at all, well at 10pm last night my MIL calls in a panic and tells DH that Iam not welcome at the party, but the kids need to be there.. She asks DH if I will bring the kids and just go find something else to do.... WTF I said ask her if she will come get the kids herself?NO, I ask what will I do? I dunno you are a big girl figure it out.... Ok so I tell DH that I WILL NOT drive my kids over 4 hours to a party I am not welcome at...... Wait a minute, WHY am I not allowed to be there??? This event has been planned for awhile, the invitation even has my name on it... I don't know what I did wrong... So, I put my BIG girl panties on and I call my MIL to ask!!! Just got off the phone with her and her reason is... Wait for it... Im pregnant with our 3rd and DHs sister has been trying to conceive for a few years now.. SIL told MIL that it is too hard for her to see me pregnant so she was not going to come, MIL decided it would be best if I did not come!!!! I guess I don't understand infertility but I don't think that's a very good excuse, I could understand if she didn't want to attend my baby shower...... So what to do.. I refuse to drive the kids over 4 hours to a party and sit in my car and wait, now everyone is pissed at me????
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:22 AM
7 moms liked this

That's ridiculous. I'd tell MIL if she wants the kids there so bad, SHE can drive to pick them up and drop them off.

periwinkle163
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM
12 moms liked this

No way my kids would ever go somewhere I am not welcome.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Do it the wussy way. Call the morning of and tell her you are ill-or one of the kids.

A little white lie to keep the peace.

TaralynnStewart
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:26 AM
7 moms liked this
Exactly and the same words should have come out of your husbands mouth

Quoting periwinkle163:

No way my kids would ever go somewhere I am not welcome.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fivegirls333
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

NO ONE from our home would be going.  period.  and i am sure my dh would agree!

katemckenzie
by Kate on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:28 AM
3 moms liked this
Yeah, if we ALL aren't welcome, NONE of us would be going.
beans13
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:29 AM
My dh would tell them all to pound salt, no one woukd be going.
spunky946
by Emerald Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:29 AM
That's insane. I would not take them either.
Karen_29
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:30 AM

That is crazy! Like you said i could understand if it was a baby shower. What is she going to do avoid you and all pregnant women?I understand she is upset and emotional about not being able to conceive but no reason to take it out on you. I would tell mil that if she wanted the kids there she can come and pick them up and bring them back after the party is over.

lovemysnugbugs
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Yeah none of us would be going.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)