Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Confessions of a waitress

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
I waited tables while I was in college at an upscale steak house. I made a lot of money but people can be downright nasty to waitresses for no reason. I always think about that when I dine in because I think it's just as important to be a good customer. Just know they remember who the bad tippers were.. And they tell their waitress friends. We never did things like spit in the food but we definately didnt rush for serial stiffers. Why would someone expect someone to bend over backwards for them for a lousy $5 on a $120 tab?!

NEVER order ice in your drink. Just don't do it. There is no way to keep that ice sanitary! It's a huge bin. We moved it in bucket to other ice bins like the pop machine and the bar.

Do not just sign your credit card receipt and leave the rest blank. You don't know me! I could easily write myself a nice tip in the blank. Especially when you're leaving both receipts at the table and are two shots past tipsy. It's obvious you haven't a clue how much you've just spent!

It is not the waitresses fault if your food is too salty, tastes funny or not cooked right. I know this is shocking but she didnt cook it! I promise she's just as frustrated as you are that it was not properly prepared. There is no need to be rude or refuse to tip someone because of things beyond their control.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Bump
TiffanyRose06
by Hufflepuff on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:26 AM
We went out for breakfast, and our waitress was super sweet. The food took forever though, I heard her asking the cook where our order was so I know she was doing her best

She got a good tip and the cook (who was on their cell phone while cooking) is lucky I didn't flip out

Not going back there
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I get it. I've waited tables myself. 

AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Have you ever read the websites (The Customer Is) Not Always Right and The Bitter Waiter? The first has so many stories, it's just great. The second will show you a picture of a mother bringing a potty chair to dinner and putting her butt-naked kid on it while they eat. He'll also tell you who the worst celebrities to wait on are (spoiler: you will never look at Jessica Simpson the same way again).

I was a bartender in college. I have my share of stories, too. I think everyone should have to do at least a few weeks in retail or restaurant work. The world would be a better place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)