Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Confessions from someone who eats out a lot.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

I tip well.  Even for poor service.  

I also request the same server at my favorite places..  I always get exceptional service.

When you tell me your name I remember it and use it.

i am courteous and polite.

I limit my alcohol consumption in a public place so I know I am in control.

I like your opinion on different entrees. 

I will not sit at your table for hours after I eat. 

I make damn sure my kid is well behaved, polite, and quiet. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Delila12
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Cool
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Figured I would go to the opposite end of the spectrum from the "waiters and waitresses are beneath me" crowd 

Quoting Delila12:

Cool

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Same here. I don't know why it's so hard.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Because people,like to think they are better than others or they are simply rude. 

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Ditto :)

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:45 AM
True. I just wasn't raised like that & don't understand it. It's funny how much nicer people are to you when you just smile & treat them with respect off the bat. Even a server that is having a bad day is usually pretty nice if you just say hi & smile.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because people,like to think they are better than others or they are simply rude. 

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Me too.  

The awesome humorist Dave Barry once said, "A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  

I completely agree.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I agree. I always make it a point to be friendly. I put my phone down.  I pay attention to them. 

One lady had a pic of her boy in her servers wallet....super cute kid but you could tell he was sick. I asked the manager...and was told he had Leukemia. I asked if there was a fund set up and he gave me bank info.  I put $100 in for him. A few weeks later I went up and took a blanket I had made for the kid and a bear and gave them to her. I still know her today. Her kid is doing well.  We hang out from time to time. 

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

True. I just wasn't raised like that & don't understand it. It's funny how much nicer people are to you when you just smile & treat them with respect off the bat. Even a server that is having a bad day is usually pretty nice if you just say hi & smile.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Those are not confessions, they are you bragging about how perfect a customer you are.

Here's some examples of confessions;

I steal spoons

I tip horribly

I snap my fingers at waitresses

I sneak out without paying.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Me too. I actually recently had a cashier thank me for putting my phone away before I came to the register. It's sad to me that it's so unusual that someone would thank me for that.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree. I always make it a point to be friendly. I put my phone down.  I pay attention to them. 

One lady had a pic of her boy in her servers wallet....super cute kid but you could tell he was sick. I asked the manager...and was told he had Leukemia. I asked if there was a fund set up and he gave me bank info.  I put $100 in for him. A few weeks later I went up and took a blanket I had made for the kid and a bear and gave them to her. I still know her today. Her kid is doing well.  We hang out from time to time. 

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)