Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MIL is mad dd can't go over there anymore

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
The last 3 times she has been over she has came home having an allergic reaction that landed us in the ER. It's only happened at her house so I know she is allergic to something there and I'm pretty sure it's the cigarette smoke. They smoke outside but it's like an enclosed porch. I told her I don't want her to go over because she has to be allergic to something there and everytime she has a reaction it's worse than the time before. Now she's been talking shit to the entire family about what a bitch I am! Wtf!? It's like pulling teeth trying to get her to keep my kids anyway why is she so worried about it now
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Bump
qslaqhay
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this
And just fot talking shit i would cut contact completly for at least a year! Maybe more.. (If she apologize)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this
If its her third time why hasn't she been tested to find Out which allergy it is?
KnittinMama
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Sounds like my mil. Don't even worry about it. Stop sending the kid and she will get over it. If she wants to see the kid she can be respectful at your house.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:53 AM
I don't know. We only went to the hospital twice. The first time I gave her Benadryl and she was fine. The second time she took her straight in without giving anything and the third time i panicked because I had given Benadryl and it was still getting worse

Quoting Anonymous:

If its her third time why hasn't she been tested to find Out which allergy it is?

Jscott1216
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Sounds like my step mother in law. Didnt give two shits about my step kids their entire lives until dh got into it with her and his dad about how they treat all of us and we all quit talking. Now every once in a great while when she thinks it'll make her look good shell call the kids to talk about herself. They hate it!
Karen_29
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:59 AM

You have to do what is right for your dd. You know she is allergic to something at mil house so mil should be more worried about her health. I would get her tested to see what she is allergic to and until then if mil wants to see her then she can come to your house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)