Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homebirth advocates

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

http://videos.huffingtonpost.com/true-tragic-home-births-517733299

This is a video of interviews with medical experts and mothers who babies died in homebirths.

11 minutes into the video they talk about how much higher the death rate is in homebirths. They also talk about how proper records aren't kept and gives examples of midwives falsifying records. 

Thought all you hospital birth bashers might want to see why some people know hospitals can be much safer places to have a baby

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I really think it depends on the situation.

I didn't watch the whole video, but i get the gist of it.  With my daughter, I did have a home birth and for me it was a better experience than the hospital birth I had with my son.  My daughter was breech up until about 37 weeks when I had an external version done (in a hospital setting) but as soon as my midwife discovered that she was breech, she would no longer see me, was not allowed to continue my prenatal care by Florida law.

I don't know why the birth center of  the first mom would have allowed her to attempt a vaginal breech birth.  I was told that you won't generally even find an OB in a hospital setting that will even attempt a breech birth.  I was given the option of a version which, while painful, was less painful that recovering from a c-section.

I don't bash hospital births. For me, the homebirth was the better experience, but I know that's not the case for everyone.  And I think that homebirths and birth center births should be on a case by case basis.  If I ever have another child, I will plan for a home birth but I won't rule out a hospital birth should complications deem it necessary.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:03 AM
4 moms liked this

Homebirth advocate =/= hospital birth bashing.

And, just no. You're going to have to use something other than the notoriously ridiculous huffpost as a source.

panther79
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:04 AM

fix the spelling in your title. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Homebirth advocate =/= hospital birth bashing.

And, just no. You're going to have to use something other than the notoriously ridiculous huffpost as a source.

So those women are lying about their dead babies?

And it might not be hospital birth bashing all the time. But it is lots of the time. 

missmamaof4
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I am pulling up a chair for this shit show

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:06 AM
2 moms liked this
Do babies not meet tragic ends in hospitals, ever?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephensmommy06
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:07 AM

i think if everything is well wth the pregnancy, and mother homebirth can be wonderful. heck i might have chose to have a homebirth if my situations would have been differnt. my friend has 5 kids her last 3 were homebirths and she said by far the best experinces. 

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:07 AM

The only way I would do home birth is if my ass lived right across the  street from the hospital. 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Quoting LucyMom08:

Do babies not meet tragic ends in hospitals, ever?

Not at the same rate as they do in home births. 

Hospitals are held accountable. Midwives are not. 

mommaboudreaux
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:10 AM
2 moms liked this

Not all hospitals are held accountable and many of them cover up not only fetal deaths but maternal as well.   Yet, you never hear about any of that you only hear when a homebirth goes wrong.

If a mother is low risk there is absolutely NO reason why she cannot safely birth at home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)